Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO, no it's not true and although i love Eder and see a bright future in him ( i was certainly not one of the fans that thought the club wanted rid of him at anytime because he wasn't playing or that we should sell him because of his poor game in the CL) it would be good to see him over a season first

Good facts, although that "mostly" part is interesting, that duo were not solely responsible for taking us to the CL semis, before they got a chance to play others helped us to get to where we were,

Actually some of the same fans wanted to SELL Eder ( they saw no value in him) after "one" performance in the said same CL, basically jumping on and off the bandwagon depending on how each game went it seems like,

i'll have a full season first in which we actually win something before i anoint, i'm sure Eder can have such a season, i like Nacho a lot ( one of my favourites actually) but not so sure about that nor the fact that he will actually be a starter at CB, so he isn't in this best CB pairing still at the club convo IMO
    All what you say here may be true, i just replied to the comment that the "best" CB pairing is still at the club, I don't think so, it's far too dismissive based on, 18 games? against years of winning and influential service, good CB pairings aren't a dime a dozen, i can see Eder doing very very well and have high hopes for him, as i mentioned above i don't see Nacho starting, whatever happens i hope the team can win and i'm looking forward to some of the younger players stepping up this season.

Let me just state, i have no issue with Rafa leaving other than i hate losing both experienced CB's at the same time, but we are Madrid, wish him personally the best but of course, not Manure ( if that's where he ends up).

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Varane is our chance to do to others what they did to us with Hazard.

ImadEdd repped this.
  3. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Mbappe won’t come. Maybe next year. If Paris will win CL next year, he will extend his contract.
    No Ramos No Varane No Zidane.. this team becoming Arsenal / Milan.

I really feel ashamed by this management.

RMrules repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are plenty of other teams for you to give your incredible support to.

Shay Z, PigBenis, sneakking and 5 others repped this.
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What will be Varane’s legacy with this departure? Should be a legend but it feels like there is a disconnect between him and madridismo

Drouchk and Lyra repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hard to say, probably similar to a guy like Morientes. Fondly remembered I would say.

Anon., Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why? You don't think Varane is a match for PL quality?

8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I was hoping he can finally lead the back line and cokemout of the shadow of his legendary partner.

9. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019

Lol, ahhhh was waiting for the ridiculous Arsenal conperative statement. Came much sooner than expected, thought you guys would at least wait till the transfer period closes before saying such none sense.

Also, it’s funny how people
    Say we overspent for hazard (which in hindsight we did) yet want 60 million for Varane. If Varane, a CB who hasn’t been his best these last 3 years, is worth 55 in his last year of contract, surely hazard the LW and posibly one of the best attacking players in the premier in the last decade is worth 100. Neither actually are, but that’s today’s world but it’s Madrid management who always gets the stick. It’s sad it mostly comes from the same madrid fan base who have nothing to really complain about.

Drouchk repped this.
  10. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ...yes, for one more season, and then he comes to us for free next year.

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ramón Álvarez de Mon with an informative video here on our economic situation when it comes to Mbappe.

Although it’s only known to Madrid, Ramon says let’s assume that we are close to the salary cap. How would we fit in Mbappe?

Asssuming a fee of 150 million, a 6 year contract, and 40 million in gross wages for the first year, the approximate cost for Mbappe year 1 would be 25 million as an amortized portion of the transfer free + the 40 million wages = 65 million.

Assuming a Varane transfer of 60 million, which would be all capital gain due to the fact that we paid Varane’s transfer fee from Lens long ago, plus his 12 million gross wages, would be enough space created in the salary mass to cover the cost of Mbappe for this coming year. Of course, we also have more than 25 players and more salary mass space will inevitably have to be created.

TLDR: We should have both the economic means and the salary cap space to purchase Mbappe.

PigBenis, Doni, Icalldibbs and 4 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think his physical attributes are rapidly deteriorating. He used to gallop back to the defense with huge steps, now I consider him beaten if he commits too early.

Good player still, but I feel like there's a very noticeable downwards curve.

When was the last time he was considered an elite player? Up until the season before last Ramos still mostly outperformed him.

Doni and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. RoNeX

RoNeX Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Varane at 19/20/21 Was better than now, He was back Then so good that he could defend an inform messi, nowadays He lacks concenrration and his Reaktion speed isnt on top anymore

14. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Varane has noticeably lost a step. He's a defender who heavily relied on physical attributes to cover ground and misreads. I don't watch enough Man U to know if Maguire is a general at the back, but that's what Varane needs beside him. With all that said he's still a better CB than Alaba, losing Varane/Ramos in same window is a massive blow.

We can't risk losing him for nothing, so take the money and run.

15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's some mistakes in there as well, is this supposed to disagree with my point?

17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea were just getting us back for Morata tho right? :D

I get why ppl think Varane might be well past his best. Think it’s also possible he needs a change of scenery and new motivation. Time will tell. I’m not opposed to the sale necessarily.

18. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I do not understand why people think that we can get mbappe free next season..he would renew with PSG once they offer him same wages as Neymar

I just hoped that we sign at least a good striker irrespective of situation with mbappe

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Narrator: He is not...

Shay Z, ahnaf and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Varane is a legend for me.

Ssr9, ahnaf, PigBenis and 3 others repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ramos and Marcelo are absolute legends from that backline. Varane probably on par with Pepe and ahead of Carva as far as RM career goes.

Icalldibbs repped this.
  22. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    This is conjecture. I’ll say it again, until Mbappe signs a contract extension, everything points to him wanting out of PSG no matter what. Of course, we can all believe what we want.

It’s been what? 3 years since mbappe arrived at PSG? That’s over a thousand days where PSG have had the chance to renew yet it hasn’t happened. 1000 days of Mbappe giving me reasons to believe that he want out. If that’s not a clear indication to his desires, I really don’t know what is.

he signs that extension, I’ll shut up, but I don’t expect it honestly.

Anon. repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    All of those, including Pepe, have a memorable moment (if not moments) that you recall immediately when you remember their career here. Not sure there is one particular one for Varane.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really, but he hasn't been as bad as people have begun to make him look since getting linked with United.

25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Rennes want 40 mil for Camavinga.