Douchebag of the Day

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by Z010 Union, Jul 29, 2009.

1. sober_Irishman

sober_Irishman New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At least that's a bad call that can be legally murdered.

2. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, that sure is one way of putting it :D

3. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As Tom Hanks put it: Anyone ever tell you you look like a little penis with that hat on?

4. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, what a bunch of homers around here. Doesn't anyone stick up for the rules anymore? You don't argue balls and strikes. :p

5. McRob

McRob Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't. He wasn't even arguing.

And even if Howard was 100 percent wrong, an umpire should never show an attitude like this asshole did.

6. BChaCha

BChaCha Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Right, so. Smashthevan and I deal with a few douchebags to the first degree at the front of 139 every game, but today was just over the line.

I turn around to pass the chant along because no one's singing or even clapping along to the beat. Douchette:
    "TURN AROUND! WHY DON'T YOU JUST WATCH THE GAME FOR ONCE!"
    "Because we're in the SUPPORTERS SECTION. We're not here to just watch the game, we're here to support the team."
    "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. I JUST WANT TO WATCH THE GAME YOU ASSHOLE."
    Friend and I gesture to the sections around us and tell her that's where you go to "just watch the game". She replies with a curt "fuck you, asshole".

About a minute later, when my back was turned, someone threw a bit of water or beer or something on me.

Later on in the game, douchette's boyfriend yells (as he's prone to) faggot at the other players multiple times. I turn around and tell him to stop. His response was along the lines of:
    "WHY SHOULD I STOP! YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS!"
    "Because some of us are gay."
    "I'M NOT YELLING IT AT THEM! IT'S NOT OFFENSIVE TO THEM!"
    "It's the same as yelling the "N" word at black people. It's against the SOB conduct. You can get kicked out for it."
    "YOU SING THE BASTARD SONG. WHAT IF I'M A BASTARD."

Then he proceeded to mumble fuck you's at me when I turned back around.

I swear to god, I can only listen to this bullshit for so long. We're not at the fucking frat party you want to be date-raping girls at. Go home.

7. DickyDunn

DickyDunn Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Were these the ones like three rows back?

8. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup. same ********ers who have been giving us problems ALL year

also, Brody, you shouldve gone and got Tex, thats what he's for. Thank goodness I only saw them giving you shit, not hearing any of that.

9. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Which side of 139?

10. BChaCha

BChaCha Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    About the middle-left of it, 3 or 4 rows up.

And Will, I would have but I wasn't thinking. I was just trying to keep myself from punching him in the face.

Yeah

11. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's o.k., I had the dude next to me in 138 crying because the checkerboard flag I was waving got near his face once. Yesterday was windy, and it's only the second time this year I was asked to wave a flag.

I'm almost 6'7", waving the flag wayyyyy high above everyone's head, and this dope grabs the very tip of the flag and gives me this look and says "dude!". I told him to stop crying, that if the thing got anywhere even remotely close to his face, it's cloth and not a crowbar (he's the one with his arms folded looking p-ssy).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39285097@N02/5046691767/in/pool-sonsofben/

His girlfriend stands there with this p-ssy look on her face the whole game, never singing, and he's been lame ever since he stopped bringing his buddy and started bringing her.

If you're in the supporters section, and a flag accidentally touches you once or twice in a game, deal with it or move to the family section.

I was just suprised too that the dude and his girl actually stayed to the final whistle this time (although he and his girl almost knocked over a half dozen people to leave the second the whistle blew).

He and his girl started at around the 84th minute debating whether they should leave then (like they usually do) or leave at the final whistle.

12. sober_Irishman

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get why so many people are just so mad at the world and feel the need to start shit with everyone.

I swear some of these people have never been to a sporting event in their lives. I got punched in the head at the sounders game by the person behind me. But I shrugged it of because it was an accident. And I know you said this isn't a frat but to an extent I feel that it is. We're all brothers here. No one is doing anything to bother everyone else on purpose, and if you have a problem it can be resolved civilly.

The season is almost over, and these douchebags probably wont renew their season tickets in the River End. so there's that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk"]YouTube - Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy[/ame]

13. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The dude's a tool.

He's just a guy working way too hard trying to impress his girl. He's made little comments to me, like with the Peter Vermes/key thing I got going (told me he hoped I dropped my keys in the camera pit below, says I sound like a kid going through puberty when I lose my voice singing and chanting, etc.) Stupid kid stuff.

His new thing is for the 45 minutes the visiting goalie is down the River End, he just keeps yelling the goalie's first name. Everyone thinks it's her idea, because she's easily offended and he used to curse alot. Yesterday she was telling him variations of Pat Onstad's name to yell out (pat, patrick, patty, patricia, etc.).

Not really clever, and kind of weak in a "Everybody hits! woohoo!" sense. I don't get the sense they'll re-up, but if they're next to me next year they'll just have to deal because I'm not going to stop singing, chanting, or waving the flag.

14. sober_Irishman

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I guess the best thing to do is to ignore them. Do they really think they can tell the entire River End to shut up?

15. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's always struck me as someone who probably doesn't get laid very much, because he overcompensates like a m-therf-cker when his date is there (which is almost all the time now). Like when I was at games by myself he'd talk about things like women or his job, but if it was my wife and I he'd make stupid little comments. We'd just laugh at him and he'd invariably shut up.

Now he leaves games early with his date (almost every game they've been to together, around the 84th or 85th minute he looks at her and asks her if she's ready - I heard him ask her again yesterday, but I think they hung until the final whistle because they knew they'd look like real douches leaving a 1-1 game after the fuss he made about the flag).

The moment that whistle blew they were shot out of a cannon leaving though.

16. daveFC

daveFC Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Audubon New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't fix doucheness. Doucheness is forever and that's too bad for the rest of us.

Cheers

17. crosswiredmind

crosswiredmind BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2010
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a big part of the problem is that the River End seats are the cheapest in the house. I think the corners at our end of the stadium should be cheaper to get the tools and tourists to site elsewhere.

18. BigBrain61

BigBrain61 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep them out of 133 plz.

19. crosswiredmind

crosswiredmind BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2010
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! Okay the seats behind the other goal should be the same price. :D

20. SmashtheVan

SmashtheVan Member+

Jan 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna happen. its too many seats to cut prices on. Stick with the corners.

other option is an increase in SoB dues(covering more money into tifo, equipment for tailgates, deposits for bus trips, etc.) so that we as a group will be proactive and not give the FO a precedent for raising our prices.