Double your Treble, Double Your Fun: The 2015-16 Season Thread, Part One

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Historically for us:

[​IMG]

Jaweirdo and Gilmango repped this.
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That includes national team goals, I take it? Cuz that hurts Suarez and Neymar, obviously. The ranking for club goals only would see Ibra and Lewa fall off the charts.

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more realistic Messi return plan is discussed below as well as how Messi is now chomping at the bit as he edges towards health:

In fact, since the first day of Messi’s recovery the word has been that the player has matured and was clear that it was not worth taking risks. Therefore, he was not expected to turn to the field of play until he was 100 percent fit.

However, with each day that passes on the calendar, Messi has more and more motivation to be at the Bernabeu, to not miss out, to help his team… It is a gesture which you have to applaud because very few have that capacity for sacrifice, but you it also breeds worry inside the club because it could end up with unnecessary consequences.

The ideal scenario the club have been working towards after confirming the knee injury - remember they sent out a statement explaining Messi would be out for between seven and eight weeks - was that he would play a few minutes in the return leg of the Copa del Rey against Villanovense. A game with few demands, so that he could then be ready for Valencia at Mestalla.

This way, Messi would have a week longer to train with the group and to arrive back on the pitch 100 percent, with the necessary rhythm. If in the end he appears in the Clasico, there’s no doubt that he would be taking a risk, above all because he would have had no more than two sessions, in the best case scenario, with his team-mates. That’s not enough to go into a game as demanding as the one against Madrid in peak condition.

From Sport cover story.

Of course in the truly ideal even if Messi is cleared for Clasico he starts on bench and team gets a nice lead and he is not needed and/or gets to come out with low pressure. I can dream right?

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It is tough to really have an opinion on how soon Messi should return to matches, as we don't have a solid grasp of how fit he is exactly. That said, I'd rather he stayed out of matches two, three weeks late than one week too early. Of course, he could have a relapse (or a new injury to another part of body) anyway even if he'd return to fitness extra carefully, but we can either take a slight risk or not take it. I think if this Clasico was a CL final, I'd take the risk, but this is the autumn Clasico, and either way the result goes, we're fine, so I think we can afford to not take the risk.

It's nice to say "we won't take a risk with an early return" when the injury is fresh, but not nice to then actually take the risk when the time comes to either take it or not.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, he should only be on the bench if he is 100% healed. And if that's the case, he should start. :cool:

The pressure to start him though is somewhat reduced now -- Madrid need a result more than Barca. Even though, naturally, it would be great to be 6 points up with the away clasico done with.

6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #206 Gilmango, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    What has possibly taken them this long? Does this mean a hearing or just now finally filing the official appeal?

Barcelona will on Monday or Tuesday appeal to CAS against Fifa's stand on not allowing the registration of Arda to replace Rafinha. [md]

Wow, training with the group already, that's a great sign:
    Messi, whose recovery from a knee ligament injury is going as planned, has completed the training session with the group today. [md] The players who didn't join a national team have been given three days off. They return to training on Monday.

Great news if true: Grimaldo (Barcelona B): "Barcelona have the option to extend my contract for a year, but they didn't yet tell me anything." [rac1]

Spanish U21 team up 3-0, first two by Deulofeu, 3rd by Inaki; Denis and Deulofeu started, Denis then subbed off, Munir still on bench in 62nd minute.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My thoughts exactly. Not a must win for Barca. Better to not risk it IMO.

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full-time: (U21) Spain-Georgia 5-0. Deulofeu scored 1-0 2-0 5-0, Denis was subbed off in min 60 (3-0), Munir was subbed on in min 70 (4-0)

9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    is that Bilbao's Inaki Williams?

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    why did they wait so long?

11. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they asked UEFA to intervene. That didn't happen.

James

12. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Various Barcastuff tweets - lots of support for Paris of course from our players and teams:
    FIFA VIRUS REPORTS LOOK GOOD: Tests showed that Busquets, subbed off out of precaution on Friday, has no injury. Will stay with ESP, but it's expected he won't play. [md]
    Mascherano ended ARG game against BRA with cramps. It's not yet clear if he will be available for the game against COL on Tuesday. [ole]
    Bartra: "Subbed off? Misunderstanding. I got a knock, told Pique, who told coach. But I was fine. A bit surprised when I still got subbed."
    Sergi Roberto, who is spending the weekend in Paris, is staying inside, following recommendations by French government. [sport]
    MISC:
    Welcome to the club Junior, the 11th player with 11 in 11: 11 Barcelona goals in 11 first Liga rounds: Vantolra Martin Cesar Kubala Evaristo Stoichkov Romario Ronaldo Eto'o Messi Neymar [via mrchip]
    Barcelona only consider buying a forward in January. Luis Enrique only wants Nolito, club is offering him less expensive alternatives [rac1]

Valdano (ex-Real Madrid): "Facing Suarez drives every defender mad. Always moving, always an eye on the goal. He's as intense at toothache."

After appointment of Eusebio as new Real Sociedad coach, B players may join them on loan. Samper and Grimaldo could be options. [md]

15. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  16. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  17. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    MSN in 2015 : 121 goals. Barca scored 158

Rest of Europe
    Bayer 122
    City 118
    Real 110

inswinger, celito, unclesox and 2 others repped this.
  18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    inswinger repped this.
  19. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  20. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, the Busquets omission is ridiculous. They make themselves look stupid by stuff like that.

As for Ballon d'Or top three: it's Messi, Cristiano and Neymar. I suppose it's one of the three possible ok trios, as I think after the obvious winner Messi, any two of Cristiano, Neymar and Suarez would deserve a top three spot, but voters vote like they do, and if it's Suarez who is left out, so be it.

22. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I think Santos gets some money for Neymar being top 3

23. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    2 Million euros to be exact

24. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    La Liga awards

Best forward and best player : Messi

[​IMG]

Best South American player : Neymar

[​IMG]

Best GK : Bravo

[​IMG]

rest of the awards :

Best Goalkeeper: Claudio Bravo (Barcelona)
    Best Defender: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Best Midfielder: James Rodriguez (Real Madrid) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Best Forward: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
    Best Coach: Luis Enrique (Barcelona)
    Best African: Sofiane Feghouli (Valencia)
    Best South American: Neymar (Barcelona)
    Fans' Player: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Best Player: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

[​IMG]

Bonus ;) :

[​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.
  25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    explain to me how Messi is best player...but not best south american...:confused: