Dos Santos vs. Adu

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Sanchito, Aug 9, 2005.

1. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Well so far Dos Santos is the star of this tournament (not said by me) if anyone listens to the broadcasts on eurosport they would know what I'm talking about, those english fellas are crazy about him, FIFA is crazy about him, people in Peru and Spain are crazy about him (he was featured in the front page of a couple of Peruvian newspapers, and articles devoted to his performance were featured in Spain). I even believe that the mexican media has been acting quite moderated (fo a change) something that is really good in this case, and not trying to bring Dos Santos to the NT.

If things go as projected Dos Santos would be joining Barça B for good, and the next step is get some playing time with the first team in small competitions like the first rounds of Copa del Rey, we are talking a possible debut at the end of next year.

Now who was the star of Finland 2003?, if you said Freddy Adu, you are either an Adu fan or mistaken, it was Cesc Fabregas with Spain, former player of the youth ranks of..
    ...FC Barcelona, and currently a Gunner in the English Premier League and the most promising Spanish player.

2. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I just read that Dos Santos assited also in Velas 1st goal of the game against Australia, i saw his assistance in the 2nd, but completely missed his involvement in the 1st.

Anyway, that guy abu is a joke, design to make money, but that is all, I think Dos Santos and Vela will be the future of Mexico's NT, but they need to learn to take care of them, and teach them how to develope to their highest potential, otherwise they'll be another lost promising player.

3. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Everyone needs to stop comapring ADU TO DOS sANTOS....... no comparison at all ....... what has ADU done to thier club Dc United ???????? hahahaha , he doesnt even compete much in that low level league of MLS .....

as far as Giovanni Santos he has a vision to create goals and a great efficienecy in passing and his personal physical level ....... the only way I would compare both is by their inidividual man handle of the ball

4. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Adu is an over rated 24 year old hack pretending to be a 16 year old. this guy has done NOTHING! he is all hype (the next Pele :rolleyes: NO MAMES!)

5. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru

:D :D I agree Chivas..... haha but dont say that to de Gringos o n their forum , u will get flamed and hacked ........

6. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys want a little kid to expolit so bad don't you. Stop copying us.

7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah i know, i stay away from that forum. that place is full of idiots.

8. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Gio has received more attention from the foreign press than in Mexico.. . :cool:

9. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru

Thats the way to go ....... is always ridiculous to exploit a player to the max..... the US and ESPN should learn from that on any sport

10. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    like someone else told you...he gets most of the media attention from foreign press..

11. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Dos Santos is great with the ball, not only did he assisted on the goals, but he was also distracting the other players, check this out.

[​IMG]

tha leaves 2 other mexican players to score.

ups there it is, a free man thanks to Dos Santos, (i'm not taking anything away from him.)

[​IMG]

12. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    great photos david.....

DONT WANT TO JINX it so will not say anything in regards to champs and so on ........ ....... this will really help mexican soccer and even more notice and hopefully players can go abroad.....

13. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Re: Dos Santos Senior Squad Minutes.

The fvcks on Telefuturas Contacto Deportivo reported that Dos Santos de origen Brasileno... blah blah blah.

He Mexican by blood and birthright!

14. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Re: Dos Santos Senior Squad Minutes.

stvick ********s that also pissed me off........ and one of em is mexican I think . eventhoiugh I never watch Contacto Deportivo , the worst show ever , an ex- they tlak about a soccer game then they do a 360 compltely and tlak aboiut baseball WORST SHOW EVER

the announcer on Galavision too him being mexican was proclaiming he was origen brasileira, hes dad might be origign from brazil but he fialed to mention his mom is completely mexican .

cant go worng with the 2 combinations .........

15. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    thanks, dont worry about jinxing it, this kids have outscored every opponent, i think they have a 50/50 chance of winning the world cup.

16. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Dude, watch him play, see who's really talking wonders about him (almost all not mexicans), and then you tell me.

Contrary to your opinion I think that Mexico is one of the first countries to learn to be cautious with young promises, because many have gone to the toilet in the past.

The truth, at least in my case is that this kid took me by surprise. I heard about him, and couldn't care less, then I saw him play, and :eek: , you don't have to be a professional scout to like what you see.

Finally, a Mexican magazine or newspaper featured the article "Giovanni Dos Santos; Out to conquer the world", NO, it was FIFA.

17. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

If he has an agreement, I think he should respect it. I know that he is a minor and that after he is 18 he doesn't have to honor it, cause he'll be able to make his own desicions, but it looks like Barca has invested alot of money on him. Imagine paying for a whole floor for his family? I mean i was paying $1200 a month for 1 bed room and had to share the kitchen, and the bathroom, and Barcelona is almost as expensive as New York, can u imagine how much a whole floor would cost? and it probably has luxuries, plus hiring tutors and sh1t.

If he leaves now, he might also damage his brother's future.

18. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico