Dos Santos vs. Adu

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Sanchito, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
  2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The part about only being able to play in 1 U-17 is true. However, you can play in more then one U-20 as Adu has shown since he was played in the last 2 U-20's.

3. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I used to thought the rule worked in both categories, but you are right, it only works for the U17. You can play in all other categories in more than one event then :D

4. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    ...and his father is brazilian, therefore the mad skills

5. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    hahaha...

6. WitchKingMX

WitchKingMX New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Coapa's Nest

Of course he will look Brazilian, because of his father. But, have u listen to him? in an interview or something? I was expecting him to speak spanish with a strong portuguese accent.....but the kid sounds just like a regular mexican boy.

7. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA

I seriously almost fell off my chair when I read this.

8. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    well he was born and raised in Monterrey and went to Barca when he was 13/14...

9. fnsandpwr

fnsandpwr New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Houston
    you know you get your athletism from your mom ;)

10. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    that explains your soccer skills... ;)

11. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    Nature vs Nurture argument.

Nobody is going to win this one, Dos Santos is only half Brazilian.

It's stupid to attribute soccer skills to a specific parent, in fact Men don't have all the genes women have, Men are missing a leg of the X chromosome, so we have one X and a Y(an incomplete X).

So this whole argument is stupid.

12. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Lets see
    Dos santos has: Adu has:
    1. great ball skills 1. MLS(ie.DC United bench) :p
    2. great speed
    3. La liga(ie Barcelona)

Any questions? :D

13. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Agree.
    As if ball skills are genetic...some people say the silliest things. I was thinking that they weren't being serious with that argument but, you never know?

14. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    I am assuming that your default argument is that ball skills are not genetic but learned, right?
    Well, I disagree. If that was the case, then plenty of people in europe will have the same dribbling skills, for instance, that brazilians have. Isn't brazil knows for its "jinga"? That certain individual rythm and movement that makes their soccer beautiful. If that type of movement could be learned and perfected with practice, then a lot of countries would play like Brazil. But that is not the case. We all know that Europe is not know for their beautiful individual dribbling skills but for their long ball and collective way of playing soccer.
    Note that I'm not implying that pratice will not improve your skills. Pratice always helps, but there is something to be said about the natural talent that some people have and that others don't have.

15. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    So then you really believe ball skills are genetic? I completely disagree. But i will not try to convince you of anything.
    I do however beleive that the brazilian style was a cultural creation not a genetic one. Needless to say there is only one Brazil thus no other country plays exactly like them because they dont have the same brazilian culture.

I do feel that if an american/mexican..or any person from any country where taken to live to brazil as infants, they could develop that great ball/dribbling skills that many "real brazilians" have. Heck, these people might even consider themselves brazilian, and I wouldn't disagree with them :) .
    But like an earlier poster mentioned this goes into the whole nature vs nurture arguement which seems to have no end.
    anyway it was nice exchanging ideas :)

16. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    No, no, let me explain...it's not black and white. It's not all either learned or genetic. What I am saying is that some people have a more natural ability for the game and with pratice they'll get better. If someone does not have natural skills, then, with pratice, they will plateu or reach a glass ceiling. Unlike someone with skills, who with pratice will be better than the guy with no natural skills.
    It's not one or the other, it's a combination of both.

17. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    We're not talking about athelticism in general, you're talking about Brazilian style. Cocreator gave a a good argument about someone growing up in Brazil as infants even though they arent born in Brazil.

You talk about genetics, you think all Brazilian players are black ?

You think the white players (example : kaka), dont have the rhythm and movement than those players who have "jinga".

The brazilian style you speak of, is not about genes. Their players aren't from one specific race.

Unless your argument is, the blacker they are, the more brazilian they play.

This is the Nature vs Nurture argument, this argument has been argued for ages.

You aren't capable of winning.

The only thing you can do is tell us which side of the argument you believe, because you are unable of proof.

18. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    go to the doctor man, we wouldn't want u to damage the little brain you got left. :D

19. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005
    okay...

20. gallina de corazon

gallina de corazon New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    reynoville
    back to the topic
    the comparition is a joke
    dos santos rules, adu dont

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

LOL jajajajajaj :rolleyes:

22. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dos Santos look very good against Uruguay and Aparently hes doing good at Barcelona B, which I believe its were Messi came from, at the same level, Adu melted in front of bigger,more physical deffenses ( like the italians ), but that comes only from a couple of games that I've seen, so I dont consider this a qualified opinion.

If-like Messi- Dos Santos moves to the big Barcelona team, you will have your answer

23. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dos Santos Senior Squad Minutes.

He's only played ONE game at Barca B, brodus.

He recently got promoted to Barca A, though, fulltime from his former cadetes sqad.

He just turned 16, Messi is now 18.

Personally, I say Lavolpe starts looking into Giovanni right now and giving him some time.

Fvck it, throw him on a huge learning curve little by little and prepare him for the big show.

Other nations do it, we might as well jump the shark here.

Maybe it's our personal bias but this guy might actually be better than alot of clowns who are revered as the next big thing.

24. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: Dos Santos Senior Squad Minutes.

But I thought in order for a player to join the senior national team they need to be atleast 18 years old like Messi is?

25. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Good responses. Goes to show that the people who badmouthed this thread are morons.