Dos Santos vs. Adu

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Sanchito, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found $20 yesterday.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Where did I drop it?

3. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No fueron pesos cabron. :D :D

4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    No buey, si hubieran sido pesos te diria quedate con ellos y hazlos un rollito. Ya sabes para que.:D

5. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
  6. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Nah, it's just people like you and others who can't put a cogent thought together. You prefer to rah-rah instead of actually using that little hamster on a wheel in side your head to think objectively.

In other words most people here son una bola de nacos. Some actually contributed and others lived down to expectations. In other words we're typical Mexicans.

7. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    Calmado carnal,
    Those words are pretty hurtful. Some people feel there is a lack of information needed to form accurate comparisons of Adu and Dos Santos.
    They state their opinion on the matter and that's it, their opinion.

As for the typical Mexicans you are way out of line and should filter your words before posting them. Their are many Mexicans in Mexico and abroad that are abstract thinkers to which your comments would be unpleasant. One last thing, the comment you made about mexicans showed how little respect you have for our people and our culture.

Comments and concepts like those from within are the worst. chale!

8. Fabian_7

Fabian_7 New Member

May 19, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Well here is the key question all it needs is (in your opinion) at the beginning other than that I don't see anything wrong with it, different people will perceive the question differently its called reading comprehension, as far as the question goes Dos Santos hasn't been seen by many other than the milk cup where you can watch him I believe at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/mediawrapper/consoles/milkcup/nb_rm_console.shtml?nbram=1&bbram=1

As for Adu he gets plenty of tv time here in the states, but from the one video I saw of Dos Santos I liked and I feel that he has enormous potential, as for Adu I've only seen him in a couple of games and I think he has potential too but I believe he is being rushed, I of course am biased toward Mexico so I would choose Giovanny but there is still a long way for these two. As far as trolling by the u.s forums that's the last thing we need, I think the reason Lisabrasil was warning you is because she's been here longer than you and knows by experience I think its the second part of your question that triggered that response I think if you want responses from both U.S and Mex forums it would be best to start a thread like this in the concacaf forum. Oh and by the way Sanchito I know all you ask for is an opinion but insulting the other members isn't going to help.

9. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I actually could re-phrase the typical Mexicans portion of the post and say typical humans. However, I am posting in a board in which Mexicans and Mexican-Americans post.

As far as people saying they need time to form an opinion, I respect that, however look at what they wrote. They disparaged this thread and didn't offer anything constructive, with the exception of a few. Very juvenile in my estimation. I merely responded as such.

Like I said earlier, I now know the type of people that post here. Very few, even the ones I don't agree with are good. Most are garbage.

10. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Agreed, as far as what I said to the naysayers refer to the post above.

I post in another board, a boxing board, inhabited by Euros, Mexicans, and Puerto Ricans. Everything is civil and the most insight is gained from our rivals critiquing our favorite boxers. I thought the same could be done here, but the maturity level is lacking, with the exception of a few. Such is life though, I'm not losing sleep over it.

11. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    For some reason, young Ghanaese and Nigerian players seem to be the next big thing in Europe. Some of that is certainly deserved, Nigeria almost won U21 World Cup this year ( Lionel Messi and two Penalty presents made Argentinia win..).

Like with every hype though, the reality will leave you disappointed, no matter how good it actually is. The same likely applies to Adu. If he indeed is 16, he plays extraordinarily for that age and still rather good by MLS standards. He's not fit for the big leagues yet though. I don't know Dos Santos, so i can't comment on him.

12. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know too much about Dos Santos. I've seen the Milk Cup game and highlights and a few videos of him before. The most striking thing about him is his style. He looks and moves just like Ronaldinho, that's not to say he'll ever be as good as 'Dinho, but the resemblance is noticable. The way he shields a ball and prepares to beat a player off the dribble.

He is still a year younger than Adu, and I really think it's too soon to tell how good either of them will be. I haven't seen them play against level cmpetition so I can't tell how they compare to each other either.

I will say one thing though. Giovanni is being groomed by the same acadamy that brought up Guardiola, Xavi, Francesc Fabregas, and Leo Messi to name a few talented midfielders. They watch and instruct players from the age of 7. And every indication I've gotten is that he is highly rated by them.

DC United has no such history or experience at developing young players. He's the first they've ever tried at such a young age (15yrs).

If I had to guess which would be better by the time they are 23-24, I'd guess Dos Santos.

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Totally agree, especially with your last 3 paragraphs. I think Adu (and the people influencing him) made a HUGE mistake in going to the MLS. They had the thinking that he would improve since he would be playing against men twice his age. However, after some time in the MLS, Adu has dissapointed and his development has been less than expected. If he would have gone to Inter or ManU instead of the MLS, he would not have been playing against men twice his age, but his development would be significant. His value has gone down. At the age of 14, he was one the best 14 year olds on the planet, now at 16, he just a promising 16 year old, nothing more.

If Dos Santos and Adu stay where they are now, as time goes on, Adu's value will lower and Dos Santo's value will raise.

14. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cream!

In Adu's defense he took the cash money. Sometimes CREAM makes more cent$. Adu's old lady was busting her ass and Millions got tossed to a 15 year old. I'm sure I would do the same.

Look at me what am I doing!

(Hangs head in shame.)

15. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    that and he wouldnt have been able to play anything other than reserve ball until he was 18 because he doesn't have an EU passport.

16. youth18

youth18 New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    does anyone think wayne rooney is overrated

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    naw he's pretty good!

18. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Why should I give a rat's ass about Wayne Rooney?

19. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    I have more respect for the path Giovanni is following, playing the ranks of Barça in Europe and learning in one the best clubs in the world preparing himself to debut at the most competitive level in the world.

Instead the good Freddy choosed to feel the reincarnation of Pele and debut in the MLS, there he can get some experience but is not the top level, he lacks lots of development in physical aspects that have nothing to do with his great technique but is leaving him a step behind other great U20 players like Dos Santos, Cesc Fabregas and Messi. At least he's making lots of $$$

20. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    [​IMG]

Is that Ronaldinho a few years a go wearing the Tri uniform?

NO....

... is Giovanni Dos Santos dribbling a poor goalie!

21. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    i hope this kid is good, not an overrated n00b like adu

22. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The funny thing is though that a while back (about a year or so ago) I heard that Adu was the Highest paid player in MLS. I don't remember the exact salary but it wasn't a great one. It's all hype. He's not really used with his team and he's getting paid to travel with his team and his U-20 team. He's also an ad whore. Jesus Christ how many editions of Eurosport have I recieved with Adu's picture in it? God knows. But it appears that he gets more from the ads than his MLS paycheck.

23. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    hes completly overrated.. that kids all hype...

lmao at the merchandice that bigsoccer trys to sell... nothing but adu bullsvit.. if they had some good european,spanish and mexican items id be all over it...

who the hell wants an autograped adu ball... only a mls newb

24. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I got one. For free that is.

:)

How much are they going for?

25. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i say somewhere around $1 - $3. of course, if this kid ever wins anything in his career it will skyrocket to $4.50!!