Dos Santos vs. Adu

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Sanchito, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    The two are young and gifted and seem as though they have a great future ahead of them. Which of the two is further along in terms of progress and whom is more talented? What I saw of Adu was dissapointing and maybe the pressure of introducing footie to the U.S. is getting to him whilst Dos Santos has nice pace and seems like a born finisher and is creative.

Admittedly I'm not a good scout of talent and was wondering if anyone from the U.S forums and the Mexico forums can shed some light on the difference between the two phenoms in regards to overall football ability.

2. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Man oh man..................... this thread is going to get ugly.

Wasn't this thread in CONCACAF?

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This thread is Grade A premium Trollio feed.. Leva, Sid, : *three amigos signature move in full effect*i say we close this bad boy as soon as it turns sour.. .

[​IMG]

4. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    You think it'll get bad over two kids???

I dunno I'm just hoping for an honest discourse...I honestly can't tell whom is better.

5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Close it up. Leave gripping 15 years to the USAers.

6. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Man, is this place inhabited by a buncha pre-pubescent kids that can't carry on a conversation?

This board is great for news links from its members but apart from that it seems to be all hate. It's too bad really. :(

Do what you wish to the thread if you must. I really expected much more from these boards.

7. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Yes.

8. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of course Adu is alright, but not god like.

You have no clue what you're asking for, so stop. Adu here on Bigsoccer is near god like. So if you ask any question in regards to this you're going to bring all sorts of fanatical USAers.

9. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The thread's topic is retarded.. why you ask, simple, we (Mexies) have seen very little of Dos Santos, the gringos who you ask to compare to Adu have seen even less or nothing of him. So how can you ask for difrrences ?

10. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Sufficient arguments for closing the thread have been presented. Close it already.

11. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    If you're the standard bearer for the Mexico boards than I agree with the retarded statement. We've seen a whole televised tournament on Adu and we have the same accses to Dos Santos from the BBC milk cup tourney. With ample evidence of the progression of both. One would have to be myopic to be unable to extrapolate any insight from those two tourneys. Again from your post, you've made your inability to think objectively painfully obvious.

I've found Levante to be cool but you have a Napoleonic complex.

You stated when I came in that the boards were in decline because of the noobs. However with you as a moderator I can see why. The asylum is run by the inmates it seems.

12. Nodak

Nodak New Member

Feb 28, 2005
  13. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Dos Santos is playing overseas in a junior league; his games are hardly ever broadcast in Europe, let alone here in the West. Very few people, if anyone, outside of BigSoccer/Mexico knows about him. Adu has played for years for the MLS, a league that gets air time every weekend here in the States on basic cable. Big difference.

Google "Giovanni Dos Santos." How many relevant pages do you come up with? Now do the same for "Freddy Adu." Contrast and compare.

14. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Which is exactly why I expected members of big soccer who are more in tune with the game to have intelligent responses and compare and contrast of what they've seen from both. I won't make that mistake again.

Unfortunately the Mexico boards are juvenile for the most part.

15. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    First off, have you been to the US boards? If we're juvenile, they're straight-up fetus.

Secondly, yes, I'm sure there are a few people here who could compare the two and discuss, objectively, their progress and future, based on factual data rather than conjecture and bias. But there aren't many who can. You won't get much out of it.

Plus, as bopper put it, this thread is bait for the single-celled organisms on the Yanks' side of BS. That, in and of itself, is reason enough to close the thread.

A solid, mature discussion would be great, yes, but I for one would hate for the Mex boards to become infested with trolls from the rest of BS, and I think that's what everyone is trying to point out.

16. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I don't go over there, this the only place I post at. I just compare it to a boxing board I post at.

I'll lower my expectations and we'll be through with it.

BTW, thanks for explaining the Big Soccer culture for me, I was ignorant and didn't know how it was.

17. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You know Sanchito it might be best to hold off on this topic until after the U-17 in Peru. I'm not 100% sure but I imagine those games will be on TV here in the states and that will more than likely be the first time many of us have ever seen Dos Santos play.

18. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    he did good in the qualifier, but the U-17 will be a good tournament to measure his skills..

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True, but how many of us here saw any of the games?

20. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    that's why i think the U-17 will be a good showcase...i watched just highlights of the game and he looked really skilled and score un golazo too..

21. eL SaNcHo 22

eL SaNcHo 22 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Kenosha, Wi

Where did u see them???

22. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Agreed, I'll bump this thread after the tourney.

23. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    If you go to the U-17 world cup thread there is a link to the BBC which has the milk cup tourney, you can see complete games there.

24. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I think it's safe to say the most of us have not seen Dos Santos play, other than the short clips available here, so it would be hard to make a comparison at this point.

25. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'm surprised none of Sam's boys have showed up. Just close the thread until the cup comes around.