Don't install Windows XP Service Pack 2!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Spartak, Aug 25, 2004.

1. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    CORRECTION: The error message reads "nwix.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Just wanted to be exact. :)

2. hdtvtechno

hdtvtechno New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    download latest driver for video card,

3. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

I've been using XP with SP2 with no problems whatsoever. Then again, I loaded it off of a CD that MicroSoft mailed me versus downloading it. When my brothers system downloaded SP2 from the MS site and installed it. It worked like crap and had to do a system restore. Off of the cd though? Not a problem. Working fine.

4. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ---
    i'm pretty much in the same boat. i installed the HP recommended drives prior to install, one for NVidia, one for WinDVD, and one for HPToolkit. I also copied from the HP website how to uninstall if necessary. I run Zone Alarm as a firewall, and I haven't had any trouble there.

One glytch is that my ISP is SBC, and sometimes IE doesn't run until I jump thru the SBC SelfSupportTool, which is a major pain. But I don't know whether this is a function of SP2 or just an ISP issue.

5. hdtvtechno

hdtvtechno New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    i don't see why u all people complainging about,

i never had problems with SP2 and never had any problems with other programs/ updates, never had problem what so ever,

maybe because i did a complete full restore of my system before, and download the updates after,

oh well,

6. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The the problem probably isn't spyware or a windows issue.

Go to: www.nvidia.com and download the latest detonator drivers for your video card.