Don't get too big of a head...

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by bayernguy311, Nov 7, 2006.

1. bayernguy311

bayernguy311 New Member

Apr 3, 2006
  2. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
  3. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    you are not blind...

4. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    This is good advertising for you lot--use it! Reach out to folks and gear up to try for bigger and better next season.

5. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent in a comment already - if 3 or 4 of us do, he'll be sure to follow up on you guys and give you all the respect too.

Helps to have someone send him a note and say, "email me if you have questions or want information on El Batallon" :)

6. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was really weak. Advising fans to come hang out with the supporters in order to partake in the atmosphere, yet authoring the article as if he has never been within 100 feet of us.

I also commented.

I am upset by that. It's a grevious oversight.

7. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we were all one group with sub goups...... Even though he didnt say it he meant yall too.

8. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey the fact that they're talking about something besides the Texans & Rockets is awesome. It takes time for the normal media to get the hang of things.

9. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahah. We're lucky he spelled 'Texian' right.

Good thing I updated the web site.

And why the hell did he link to our Lisa Feronda thread?

10. tommyhtown

tommyhtown Member

Oct 30, 2006
    H-town
    Wait, so it is not cool for non-TA/EB Dynamo fans to hang with you guys during the final? I just want to be clear. My friends from DC heard about TA/EB and want to see for themselves. Of course, they will root for Dynamo , not NE. They used to live in Houston until a few years ago.

11. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no not at all we want everyone to come hang with us! He is just saying that you dont have to come hang with us to feel the energy of a mls soccer match.

12. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    you're more than welcome to come...
    EB just recently had an incident though where some suppose dynamo fans wanted to join us....they bought shirts and all, but ended up stealing some of our banners. turns out they were covert chiva bastard fans!:mad:

anyway...they'll get theirs...

just don't be surprised if you get asked a lot of questions
    once people know who you are and that you're there in all sincerety...then you'll really feel the welcoming....:D

EB & TA are very sharing with their beer :D

13. tommyhtown

tommyhtown Member

Oct 30, 2006
    H-town
    Thanks for the clarification. In that case, we'll drop by and party with you guys. We'll be sharing our beer plus our special 'orange magarita' as well.

14. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

Orange Margarita? I like this guy already.

Saturday Night:
    Dinner - Sweet Potato caserole

Game Day:
    Breakfast - orange scrambled eggs with a glass of OJ.

Snack - I will follow that up with orange slices.

Lunch - Orange american cheese wrapped around pimento loaf (some orange in there) and a can of Orange Crush.

Pre-Game - Orange Margaritas!

15. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is kind of a gray area we are discussing... our groups have pride in their names, and although we stand and sing together, anyone who hangs out at the tailgate for 5 minutes would know there are 2 groups, and El Batallon is the heart of the northend fans. Lopez clearly left out a group - and that stings them a bit. But he's getting informed - love the web - instant feedback - no need for a letter to the editor. Please be nice to the poor reporter - educate him, don't berate him, after all, he is talking soccer!

However, both groups welcome all passionate fans to come join us or just stop by to see what we're about, there is definitely not any kind of restriction.

We want all Dynamo fans to come to the checkered flags in Frisco!

16. nopuchen

nopuchen New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Houston~Westchase
    don't tell my wife about the orange margaritas! :eek:

unless you really really....i mean really like to share :D

17. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he should have mentioned El Batallon too but the fact that he's talking about either of us is a good thing for both of us. Besides, I for one, don't get upset if a Spanish station does a feature on El Batallon and I wouldn't get upset if there was one in the future either.

Stan is right. TA/EB is gaining a lot of momentum and exposure. But with that comes a lot more work. It's going to take a lot more people to make this bigger and better. More importantly though, we are going to have a greater responsibility. People are watching us now.

18. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post goes out to all of the people who are nervous about approaching the TA/EB.

Galaxykat and myself were apprehensive at first about approaching them and didn't do so till near the end of the season, when we went to a tailgate. We found everyone there really nice and fun. The EB guys are amazing to watch. Hours before gametime, they get together and start chanting, beating drums, and dancing. TA members join up and fun is had by all. They have beer, sodas, water, hotdogs, sausage, chips, etc. I've met several people that I've talked to on BigSoccer and haven't regretted it. Next year, we both plan on joining them. Heck, my sister might even join them and she doesn't even post here. They are all approachable and don't care if you stand with them in the stadium. The more the merrier. Just don't be an undercover....if you are, you'll get beaten! :D

19. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder when the TA (and now the EB) started to get mentioned in more articles. I know that I wrote an article about the TA back at the beginning of the season.

20. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Remember with the great exposure not only more work, but more responsibility in keeping a respectable atmosphere because everyone's eyes will be focused on the TA/EB

21. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what i was implying. By no means was i saying 'do not come cheer with us.'