Donovan - worst hair offender of USMNT?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SJfuture, Jan 12, 2004.

1. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
    From USSoccer.com

A number of players have come into camp with rather questionable hair styles and facial hair. The worst offender is forward Landon Donovan, who must have recently discovered that he can grow a full beard. But of course he got bored the other day and shaved a portion on each side that now makes him resemble Hugh Jackman's Wolverine character from the X-Men movies. Normally shy and reserved, defender David Stokes surprised the squad by showing up to a team meal with a puffy afro, the result of undoing his previously braided hair. Making his first appearance in camp since 2000, forward Conor Casey almost went unrecognized on the first day of camp by some staffers with his shaggy hair, a vast difference from the shaved head he wore the last time he was wearing a U.S. jersey. And finally, midfielder Bobby Convey decided that the curly mops of Wingert and defender Logan Pause makes them look like hobbits, dubbing them Frodo and Samwise.

2. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHA!!! I wish they had pictures! :D

3. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
    So do I! I thought everyone needed a chuckle, what with all the shenanigans and goings on.

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe! I'm laughing at your phraseology as much as the bit about Landon's wolverine hair! :D

5. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there's a thread (maybe on the USA Mens board) about some of the scrimmaging over the weekend that has a link to a bunch of photos, but i didn't see the LD Wolverine look, just the scruffy beard look.

There are also some pictures of Wade, too.

6. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    Hee! I wanna see a picture! Anything to laugh at this time...

And by the way, please tell me you got that line from the MST3K movie, because my sister and I use it all the time.

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I want to see pictures too. Guess Landon feels he has to lead the team in every facet of the game. :)

8. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so long as he's not making kissy-face with a water fountain in the NYTimes Sunday fashion magazine.

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must be in jest! That phrase has been around for a hundred years (if not longer).

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still haven't found pics! Someone needs to post a link or a pic or something.

This just sounds so hilarious!

11. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
    [​IMG]

:D My wife and I are HUGE mst3k fans