Donovan question...

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galileo777, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Kilgore

Kilgore Member

Sep 18, 2007
    No, I think you're all wrong. If Donovan didn't have such a hot wife, he wouldn't have strained his groin.

2. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which brings up a good point! We'll know soccer has really arrived in America not by when we win a World Cup, or have more fans than Hockey, or have an American player on a Champion's League winning team.....no, those are all good, but when you REALLY know it's arrived is when soccer players get all the hot girls, like in Europe and South America. When we have someone we call "The Derek Jeter of Soccer Dating" you'll know we're big-time. So thank you Landon, for being a trail blazer.

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't expect most of these guys to buy trophy wives on MLS salaries...

4. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha yea, best they can do with say macdonald's salary, is pick up someone from....mcdonalds:D

5. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A thirty-second Google search turned this up:

I'm willing to bet that in 2006 Michelle Kwan was at least as flexible as you are now. Therefore, flexibility alone won't prevent ALL groin injuries.

A two-minute Google search turned up a 2005 article in Primary Care, a medical journal for primary care physicians. It says the primary causes of adductor strains are reduced range of motion and strength in the adductors. Another significant cause is fatigue. Building adductor strength seems to be particularly important in preventing injuries. (The NHL found far higher rates of groin strains in the preseason than the regular season, which suggested that lack of strength was a significant cause, and they've implemented a pre-season program of strengthening that seems to work.)

My guess, with Donovan, fatigue has a lot to do with this one.

Funny that I don't remember either of those guys doing splits in Pumping Iron. Though you can check out the Hulk marathon on SciFi this week. Maybe Ferrigno does them there.