AllWright AllWright AllWright : Haji moving to the Coventry

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I can see that SønderjyskE had a $1.36 million deficit in 2018-19, but otherwise have had a small surplus 8 years in a row, so I strongly suspect that they are also going to have a deficit this time around, because of how the TV money normally would be split up in 3 installments, but they only got two of them for this past 2019-20 season, while the last installment was delayed because of the corona delay, so they will be getting 4 instead of 3 installments in 2020-21.

I suspect that only two Superliga clubs have been able to make a profit in 2019-20, FC Nordsjælland because of some big transfer fees and then AGF Aarhus that really has done well financially the past few years. In spite of the missing/delayed TV money installment (of $1.6 million) and also losing $160k on average on each of the games with corona-restricted attendance, AGF have just revealed a $1.6 million profit, not counting a $3.5 million sale of Mustapha Bundu that will be part of the 2020-21 season budget, so they expect a $2.3 m to $4.7 million profit in 2020-21, depending on possible corona restrictions, if they are in top-6 and also how much they will be spending on transfers.

2. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    One of the better-run clubs in a league with better-than-average standards and a good history of developing players. They're not going to lose very much money with this investment - if they lose any at all - and if they do buy into the Sunderlands of this world, they will have an inside track on players. A bit like Brentford and Nordsjælland

Ceres repped this.
  3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    It's Midtjylland and Brentford that have the same English owner... but FC Nordsjælland also has an English owner who skipped his Ghana Right to Dream Academy partnership with Man United, to invest in FCN and the Right to Dream, because FCN almost only field youth academy players in their starting 11 in the Superliga and are excellent at selling very young players, making a huge profit. So this was a more perfect fit.

AGF Aarhus of 1880 that would also be a very good investment, is not for sale, at least not to a majority share holder, because it's the oldest top flight club in all of Northern Europe (and outside Great Britain), so for historical reasons, they are not really interested in being sold to a foreign investor.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChicagoVT repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They got punked 3-0 by the way.

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    #2832 Ceres, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Strange match though, SønderjyskE was the better team the first 25 minutes or so, where SønderjyskE got cheated from getting a penalty by a terrible referee, then their keeper made a terrible mistake but Viktoria Plzen quite wrongly got awarded a penalty, then SønderjyskE did some clown defending at a long ball upfield by Plzen and 0-2 it was, the 0-3 goal was quite clearly offside, but then again, the difference here is that SønderjyskE were producing 6 good opportunities but did not manage to score while Plzen were highly efficient and made use of the opportunities they got, even if they got them handed on a silver platter.

Plzen are also ranked 39 in Europa along with Celtic and just above Frankfurt, Lazio and Slavia Prague so they obviously are much more experienced at playing these kind of games.

autobus39 repped this.
  8. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Highlights, though the hands and penalty to SønderjyskE that was not awarded is missing, they also do not show that the 3-0 goal was offside :

9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    it's the beer.

10. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    scored 2 goals today!

11. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He came off the bench in the 63rd minute and scored the winner in the 88th and a second in the 7th minute of stoppage time for a 3-1 win over AaB.

@bungadiri @TheFalseNine Haji Wright at SønderjyskE Fodbold

PalmettoSpur, mace, Ceres and 7 others repped this.
  12. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    They've been testing Joe Biden's performance-enhancers on him?? :p

Ceres, gnk and Thundering165 repped this.
  13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goals:

Winoman, mace, Suyuntuy and 5 others repped this.
  15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the second goal, he had some nice hold up play before releasing the ball to a teammate, only to receive it back and score a simple finish.
    Pleasantly surprised to see Haji succeeding. Although it seems he’s been around forever, he’s still youngish for a striker. If he can score regularly this season no reason why he can’t move to a CL qualifying contender in one of the smaller leagues.

USSoccerNova and twoolley repped this.
  16. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    And if he figures out how to use his body well he could be a decent concacaf substitution type (obviously a lot of contenders for that role).

happy to see he’s scored some goals though

17. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He reminds me of Kenny Cooper, a big dude that tries to play small and it doesn’t really work out.

USSoccerNova and Balerion repped this.
  18. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  19. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he looks 2/3rds leg there..american wanchope!

20. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You'd have a much better idea than I would, but I get the impression that most teams in Denmark would be bottom-half of the Eredivisie or BL2 in financial terms. Would Haji have had to take much of a paycut to join Sønderjyske?

21. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  22. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I've been one of the most cynical about him over the last few seasons but man, is it good to see a player smile like that. If he turns it around in Denmark, I'll have to eat a large slice of crow. I'll be more than happy to as well

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Completely missed this one, frankly didn't expect him to see time. Awesome, the Danish league is stronger than people here seem to think, and Aalborg is one of the top-half of the table teams, so it's no small potatoes.

comoesa repped this.
  24. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, I told ya'll.

Winoman and ChicagoVT repped this.
  25. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not eating crow yet, but I am thawing it out.

Winoman repped this.