AllWright AllWright AllWright : Haji moving to the Coventry

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's the point of backing it up now anyways, it was years and years ago, that makes little sense.And yes I watched his games, I don't post much updates on young Americans, vast majority of my posting is on German-Americans. If updates aren't + they aren't +, I'm not going to fabricate things to make them look good.

And these threads have 0 to do with NT. I don't hate the USA either, you always seem to mix up someone disliking you for disliking the USA, you aren't the USA. Nor will I bend reality to fit your narrative.

You still posting here I thought you quit? Or do you only get irritated and reply when it comes to players you love to overhype?

2. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Take a break, my dude.

twoolley repped this.
  3. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    Without getting too off track, Haji was the leading scorer in his age group his year with the U19s and looked absolutely dominant. In hindsight it seems most of that was the quality of the Schalke team.

I did watch some games with Sandhausen, because that was back when I was excited about Wright as a player. It was dreadful. He's just not good. He can't generate chances on his own, he can't take guys on, and his physical abilities that looked dominant against youth teams are not adequate against grown opponents. He's a big man that plays small and it just doesn't work.

I don't know the best way to phrase this, but he looks like a good option for a frontrunner. For a relegation battler, he's not good enough with limited chances to be worth it. The problem is he's obviously not good enough for a first division front runner. I think he can carve out a nice career in MLS on the right team, but that's probably it.

4. Nothing wrong with that as you have tested what your ceiling is and if that's lower than expected.....demmit....and move on a lesson wiser.

5. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder where he’ll be in 2 years. I watched him at Schalke 1st team games. He looked sort of meh. If he’s not making an impact at a bottom feeder Dutch club then it probably is what it is. He’ll likely be a journeyman type of pro in mediocre or lower clubs. But who knows, maybe he’ll be a late bloomer like Wondo?

6. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sooo can someone post a gameday thread that will watch a game? His last gameday thread was around 8 months ago.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have filocreatophobia. Let others create threads, or let the mods move my PBPs to their own thread.

8. Saturday:
    upload_2019-11-9_0-27-8.png
    Probable line up:
    upload_2019-11-9_0-28-41.png

Winoman repped this.
  9. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is watching? :)

10. Voetbal International's rating of him in the 0-3 match against Feyenoord:
    a very decent 6.5!

Tom Collingsworth, Gacm32 and Winoman repped this.
  11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll try to find a stream today, I guess.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Ered games as some of the easiest to find around online. Even YouTube has them often, just search for the teams names and filter for live feeds.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He's starting.

taylor, Winoman and TxEx repped this.
  14. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Heracles comes as favorites. At this point, Venlo is expected to get relegated. It's been 3' and Heracles has had two clear chances already. Haji is #7 (LFW). Venlo are in red, of course.

Show Spoiler

Winoman and comoesa repped this.
  15. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Currently watching the game. I won't do pbp, but I will say the bottom of the Eredivisie may be worse than the bottom of MLS.

taylor, ardubois3 and freisland repped this.
  16. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the first half on and off. Haji's team is terrible. Haji himself looks spry again. He looks to be the fastest guy over 30 yards on the field and has beat defenders off the dribble to get some crosses that were blocked in.

17. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is at least encouraging.

taylor repped this.
  18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    This is the sort of ugly games and terrible teams one has to watch to follow the bulk of our YAs. It's 4-0 already.

Wright almost never tries to shoot himself. He rather steps on the ball and wait to make a pass, and his sense of positioning is terrible. Of course, compared to the defenders, he's not so bad.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    You are a better man that I... VVV is really poor the times I've bothered to watch at all this season. But yeah, the bottom of the Ered is always challenged. It's a small country with not enough $$ in the smaller markets. But usually you get one or two exciting young players out of the lower-end teams every couple of years to make it fun to keep an eye on them.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Haji generates a dangerous FK and van Ooijen scores the consolation goal out of it. 5-1.

taylor and Winoman repped this.
  21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    6-1.

Heracles is not a bottom-of-the-table club, not this season. While VVVV was expected to lose, even the home fans were not expecting a destruction like this.

Now, this is how I know most people who purport to follow our YAs are lying through their teeth:

a) they don't give specifics about games, only the general stuff you can find in the post-game tickers;

b) most people post stuff to get rep --posting that our player X in league Crap B did nothing and looked terrible won't get you any rep, all the contrary, people hate you over it because somehow the monkey-brain blames you for reporting that our guy sucks;

c) you have to be truly OCD to stick watching games like this one, or the games at the bottom of the Greek League to see how Gboly is doing, or follow Hobro and their terrible midfield just to see if Sabbi scores and Cappis appears, etc.

So I bite the bullet. And get absolutely nothing out of it, except people telling me that I'm lying and blaming me for the fact that 30 out of 35 of our players in Europe sort of suck.

Look out there: the bulk only watches Puli, Adams, Weston. Even Morales, Yedlin and Steffen have few following. If you're used to only watching in full the Chelsea or Leipzig games, of course you're going to think Europe is the land of milk and honey.

It's not. Most games are like this, a chore to watch, with tactics that make MLS look decent, and players going through the motions to get their paycheck.

taylor, Thundering165 and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  22. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you really get that feeling watching this game. The 2nd team of Schalke might be a level above Venlo right now. I'm going to have to adjust my expectations for Haji this season to... just that he keeps getting starts.

Folks (like me) were happy to see him go to the Eredivisie but it might have been better for Haji's development if he played for a decent Norwegian or Swedish club instead.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The Swedish league is not any better. I follow Gall, and Malmö is one of the better teams, but the bottom half of the Allsvenskan is terrible, just with more kicks and pushes. It reminds you of rugby or the Scottish Championship.

24. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I mean the level would be better for Haji's current level to be able to beat up on some weaker competition so to speak and at least build confidence. Haji's not at the level yet where he can be somewhat of a productive offensive player for a bad team in the Eredivisie. He could do that in Sweden or Norway I think.

25. Nope. Even though this season VVV sucks, Wright is in a league where they do try to make you a better attacker. Sweden etc. are more likely to park the bus just to get results. You donot get better there as a young player.

taylor repped this.