Domanski-Lyfors Era Ends

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by usa3por2ft, Oct 23, 2007.

1. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    I don't blame her. I think she did well. Now the U,S. and Canada are looking for a good coach.

3. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Domanski Lyfors cited family reasons for not accepting the Chinese offer of a renewed contract. She has declared that she will not consider any jobs abroad at this point.

On the other hand seems her assistant in China, Pia Sundhage, open to offers.

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Is Pellerud out at Canada? :confused:

I think this is a horrible blow to China's program. I'm hoping they can find another coach to fill the void ... I'd had high hopes for her as well as the team. And now with the Olympics.

Mmm. I guess better now than later.

5. bythesea

bythesea Member

May 27, 2005
    Pellerud's contract extends through the Olympics. toepunt is always predicting an early end for Pellerud. I think that the CSA might want to get rid of him but can't afford the severance package. However there was word that the U20's coaching job was open. They could hire Sundhage for that job and then promote her in 2008.

6. Sund-fans

Sund-fans Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Sundsvall
    Club:
    Umeå IK
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't think Mighty Pia would go for that. I think she will end up as head coach either in a NT in ome of the better (read "Olympic") nations or in a Damallsvenskan team.