Dollar Night Promotion

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Quills, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Quills

Quills Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Richardson
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very cool! http://worldcupway.blogspot.com/2008/04/dollar-nights.html

Glad that they are stating right now that this promotion will be in effect for all midweek games (hopefully including Open Cup) so that people can try to entice friends to come out to a game.

"Hey you want to come to the FC Dallas game with me?... Yeah, the local soccer team... No, I know the Mavericks are playing tonight but they are going to have dollar beer and sausage at the FCD game... Great, I'll pick you up at 6:00." :D

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This reminds me of a timely quote. "Those who love politics and sausage should never witness either being made." (or something like that)

What a great opportunity to turn off C-SPAN and watch cheap soccer, drink cheap beer, and eat cheap sausgage (this is not an endorsement for cheap sausage).

3. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It is a great idea. It will be cool when every person in the stadium decides to just stay on the stage. Maybe ESPN can film from the other endline so the stadium looks more crowded.

4. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    i think this is something that may help draw some of the college kids and families to the park, very cool. especially how expensive gas and all is now, i think its a great way to attract new fans while rewarding those longtime supporters as well for their loyalty

classy move.

5. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The #1 way to get college kids to do something is to mention two simple words, "FREE T-SHIRTS!" I could go two weeks just wearing the free t-shirts I have collected the last three years.

6. wescx

wescx New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Addison
    Yeah, as long as they do a good job letting people know about it.

7. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am hoping that their promotional efforts went further than the blog and youtube. It seems like they sent players to the local schools last year to promote this event, but it was a disaster (as far as BIS) last year too.

8. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    They showed an FCD commercial several times during the Kia SWS report last night...can't remember if it mentioned the $1 offer or not.

9. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think tonight is Frisco community night, i've seen a few signs on the doors of stores around town, not sure if it will have much of an impact on the crowd tonight or not.

Doesn't appear to be much of a threat for storms tonight so that should help as well.

10. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The report I read said there was a 100% chance of storms tonight at Pizza Hut Park... a storm of Hoops shots on goal. Reis is likely to feel like one of Pacman's women 'cause the Hoops is gonna make it rain!:p

11. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where art thou Texgator?