Does blanco still play with mexico?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by SS2006, Jun 29, 2005.

1. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    hi
    im an iranian who loves the mexican team, loved them during confed cup i think they ahve enuff firepower to go FAR in 2006 world cup ;)
    i was wondering if blanco still plays, he was wesome
    thx

2. futbolfutbol

futbolfutbol New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    mars and looking down
    My friend,

Yes he still plays but he asked for a vacation from playing in Germany. However, there are times he has been at odds with the coaching staff. So we will both have to see if he is asked back onto the team for the World Cup.

How is Iran looking?

Does your team have any players playing outside the domestic league?

3. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Que viva Karimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    hi friend
    iran qualifed to 2006 world cup , as the second team, a few weeks back. we beat Japan in Tehran 2-1. Mexico will surely qualify soon , tahts for sure, theyre way better then USA, borgetti rules
    we have alot in proffesional leagues
    i will list those who play with Iran NT as of now, or who will be likely invited

Ferydoon Zandi (Kaiserslautern, Germany)
    Ali Karimi (Bayern Munich, Germany)
    Mehdi Mehdavikia (Hamburg , Germany) - scored against USA in 1998
    Vahid Hashemian (Hannover 96, Germany) had 16 goals last year with Bochum
    Moharram Navidkia (Bochum, Germany)
    Dejagah (Berlin, Germany)
    Rahman Rezaie (Messina, Italy)

Recent Results:
    Iran: 0 Germany: 2
    Iran: 2 Japan: 1
    Iran: 1 Bahrain: 0
    Iran: 1 N.Korea: 0
    Iran: 2 Bosnia: 1

FIFA RANKING: 17

I'm sure you know Ali Daie, he has 104 international goals, tops the list, we also got 3rd in last summer's Asian Cup. Hope we do well, thats all the info i have futbol futbol
    good luck :)

ps. azteca stadium and azadi both hold 100,000 + fans, so its always great to watch those home games ;)

5. Gordo XI

Gordo XI BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 14, 2004
    East Bay

Which club plays in Azadi stadium and does every home match fill up with 100,000 fans? :)

6. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I have been following Karimi for about 6months because:

1. Here in west LA, its nothing but persians. I play soccer with them and Karimi is all they talk about (that and how black chicks fvck real dirty and smoking weed).

2. Karimi is playing at Bayern next year. With him feeding some sweet balls to Pizarro and Guerrero. I cant wait.

We have two huge stadiums in Los Angeles.

1. The Rose bowl which seets close to 100,000. It is kept super nice and always smells like fresh cut grass.

2. The Coliseum. Which is horrible venue. Because the layout makes it hard to watch a soccer match and it smells like piss. When Mexico plays it smells like tequilla mixed with piss. eeww.

7. futbolfutbol

futbolfutbol New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    mars and looking down

Wow I was unaware of some many players going outside of Iran to play. Thanks for the support!!

I still remember the Iran win over the US in France 98!!
    Great win!!!!

Viva Iran
    Viva Mexico

8. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    What he fails to mention is that none of the were a real success.

That is why Karimi is so special. He is head and shoulders above any of the others ever to play for Iran.

The dude is amazing.

They dont call him the asian Maradona for nothing.

9. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    well persepolis and esteglal play there, when its a derby its always 100000+, but other then that, its like 60,000
    when Iran plays there ofcourse, its usually full stadium, like vs. Germany, Japan, and Bahrian it was crazy. The opposition is always tense, just like Azteca, i konw its like ehll playing there :D
    heres a clip of the final game before we qualified in a full house stadium

http://shawshank.iransportspress.com/fandogh/IranVSBahrain-Goal-HQ-XVID.avi

and vs. japan earlier, full house (soon)

mexico is first in the group now right, how many more pionts until sure qualification

10. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    hey friend
    actually they were sucesful! hashemian had 16 goals last year, this season with bayern munich he didnt get any playing time, so now hes back with hannover, you just dont sit down and get to play with bayern like that right :)
    rezaie plays 90 minutes a game with messina, mehdavikia was the greatest with hamburg, and in 2000 was the finest right winger, this season he had a bad year but still played alot. daie had goals in the championsleauge in 2000 wit bayern, they were good, but this year thier clubs didnt give many playing time, tahts all, karimi shud do good.

11. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Thats why I'm so pumped about Karimi going to Bayern. He is supposed to actually play. He wouldnt go to Europe if he was going to sit on the bench. The consensus around the Bayern boards is that Hashmian was a dissapointment.

I'm not here to analyse that aspect further. The fact that Pizarro, Guerrero and Makaay are the guys is a fact. Hashemian was supposedly the best Iranian in Europe. That is why, I say "no real success" :)

I will be cheering for Karimi very much. I looking forward to seeing the Iranian NT compete at the WC.

12. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
  13. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
  14. Cosme

Cosme Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Houston
    Very awesome.
    My main support for 2006 will be for Mexico and Iran.
    Best of luck to them. :)

I'm dissappointed that I don't see Mexico as part of your listed teams in your profile. :(

15. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    lol im out of space :( and i just started liking them in confed cup, just superb talent! andc that noone but marquez plays out of mexico is even a GREATER feat