Does anyone have a copy of the Miami Fusion vs DC United game from August 26,2000?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by TBR, Apr 12, 2009.

1. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm really interested in buy this game I'm looking for because I remember how exciting that game-winner was for me...well if anyone has a copy there are willing to sell to me, then please PM me...Thanks.

2. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, the cat's out of the bag! I posted that up for someone to look at and nearly forgot it was there!
    Unfortunately, here's how things went:
    1) I often taped over away matches and even home matches in which I was not in attendance. I never thought I'd have a reason to watch every regular season match over again. Of course now, many old matches are requested & posted as torrents online.
    2) In 1998 and 1999, Sunshine network was showing most of the Fusion/Tampa matches that ESPN didn't have rights to. Due to unknown reasons (I'm assuming low ratings), they stopped.
    3) In 2000-2001, there just wasn't much TV coverage of the Fusion. Somewhere i have 7 min of a 2001 away match versus LA, but that's about it. I really wish I had more now, especially from 2001!!

What's on that VHS list is fairly accurate (not updated in quite a while)...with "Capt" next to files I have turned into digital torrent files. Missing would be the very first Fusion match and one vs Dallas, they are listed in the DVD section. I no longer possess the VHS for those. Please don't ask me to sell/borrow anything listed there. One day I'll find the time to digitize the rest of my small Fusion collection and then, if you are familiar with torrents and have broadband, perhaps we can work it out. I am a moderator/uploader on the USA/MLS torrent website, HPI, and have posted most of my caps there at one point or another.
    OR
    If I'm gonna see you personally at Miami FC matches, then it's possible I can make copies. But only of what I already have digitized. ;)

4. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thanks for the info guys...unfortunately I don't see the game listed on netwbomb's site and when I go to HPI, the oldest thing I can find is from 2007 (Unless I'm doing/searching it wrong?)

5. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you aren't necessarily searching wrong, but always be sure to tick the "including dead torrents" box to get a proper listing. In reality, I was just advertising HPI for others that may be reading the thread and may be interested in getting current regular season matches and old USA matches.
    I have posted older MLS matches there, but they were mostly Allstar & Cup finals from 96 & 97 (the '96 ones are no longer up).
    The one odd regular season match I shared ('98), did not get the type of interest I expected.

I guess my point is that there just aren't that many old regular season matches being traded. In the future, you might be able to ask for a random game from 2005 and actually receive it. However, anything before that is unlikely.
    There just might be someone out there that taped everything and kept it, but I know of no one personally that did. For that match, it would more than likely be a DC fan. As I mentioned above, there was little or no TV coverage in So Fla in 2000.
    Good luck with your search and be sure to let me know if you find it as I would be interested as well.