Does Anyone Give a Crap Anymore?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by skyscraper, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We could always just start our own team and work our way up via promotion?? :D

2. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Thankfully, you'll only be the waterboy, or else we'll never make it anywhere.

3. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I buy my lottery ticket almost every week w/ the full intention of starting an MLS team in Philly. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

4. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Powerball?

Win that, and you could buy the whole GD league...

5. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    Yeah me too! I wonder if that's enough? Cash prize tonight is 12o mil, so figure that you get 80 after Bush and Cheney get their cut. It would cost 30 to 40 mil to get in and that would go to cover the SSS and training complex. But with the league still losing money how much would you end up spending before it turns around and starts to make money? Where would you guys build the SSS? I was thinking maybe it would be possible to make a deal with one of the colleges, like Drexel. That would be behind Amtrak, right? How about Springgarden when the Phillies were going to build? Or on the Westside near the docks? I'm not too familiar with Philly since I'm from up in Wilkes-Barre. How about Horsham?

6. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh there are entire threads devoted to this if you feel so inlcined. Drexel is an ultra high density area, no place to build...there are a lot of options, Phila. just needs a buyer...