Does anyone else love Jogi Low?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Torretta13, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    just look at his resume as coach and you will see he never was a true winner. he probably still thanks god that he made his coaching license the same year as klinsmann. i`m not saying he is totally incompetent,but the question should be asked,...what would a very good coach do with the excellent players germany has?

2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Are you sure about this?

I particularly remember that the 2008 team was very ordinary.

In fact there was a need to incorporate extremely functional players like Rolfes to fetch the ball for Ballack

i thought Germany heavily over performed that year. Certainly no one I spoke to in Hamburg was thinking golden generations.

3. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    +1

What made that side was that Frings was superb in central midfield. The real surprise package of the tournament IMO.

So together with Ballack - Germany had a midfield that could compete.

By 2008 Germany were getting dominated in midfield by Spain.

For me the 2008 team was very low on raw talent

4. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That was 2004.

Key members of the alleged generation were over the hill by 2006, especially Campbell, Owen and Beckham.

5. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OK, I definitely don't know as much about football as most of the esteemed contributors in this forum but here's what sticks out to me under Jogi's regin as coach:

In 2008 we lost to Spain, considered the world's best team
    In 2010 we lost to Spain, considered the world's best team
    In 2012 we lost to.... Italy, ok, but I think there's a rule some place that we aren't allowed to beat Italy in a competetive match.
    So the big problem is can Jogi put toether a team and tactics that can beat Spain (and Italy :( ). Given that I've seen posts in this forum claiming no or very few German players could make the Spanish team, I don't see what the criticism is about. He's done a decent job with what he has. Could someone else do better, that is, could someone else coach this team to beat Spain on a consistent basis? With our current players? I don't know. I don't know if the NT will be relegated to being a second place team in the Spanish golden age of football. I do know that Jogi is not afraid to change tactics and introduce new players when necessary. He's done a good job IMHO, not a great job - he would need silverware to get that accolade - but a good job. But then again who could coach this team to beat Spain and also be willing to take on the job of managing the German NT?

Cheers.

Dage repped this.
  6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spain i can give you, but we couldve put up a much better fight at least the next time..

He seems to overthink himself too much at the final stages...

Italy we shouldve have beaten....period..

He changed our entire lineup and tactics to stop ONE ********ING GUY..... which team does this??

He needs to stick to what works for us and use the best guys available... no more half ass tactics no more dead weights.. let our best guys try to get the job done. Not have our team play with half a leg, using different tactics and lineups..

I swear when i saw the lineup against italy, i thought it was a joke someone was playing because of all the mole crap going on at the time... Also thought it was a trick by loew to surprise everyone...

Then when the game started i realized what kind of nightmare i was witnessing..

Weltmann and Minttunator repped this.
  7. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I think most of us agree that Spain were clearly better than us in the last three tournaments, and most of the criticism stems from how utterly embarrassing the Italy game was.

8. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    100 %