Does anyone else HATE

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Toon³, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I am finding it harder and harder to find normal studded boots that i like and feel comftable in..it seems that companies seem to be moving more and more towards blades..it may just me, the way i play or the climate i play in but i'm constantly slipping when i stop, lean backwards or when i'm about to shoot. I understand that blades are suppost to be safer and make you fast but these are benefits when the slipping keeps happening.

Anyone with any comments or links to good new studded boots will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. zz.db.5

zz.db.5 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    the mountains
    Diadora makes a round studded version of their new Brasils...check those out.

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  4. lufc_downunder

lufc_downunder New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    I actually heard that screw in studs were safer than the blades as the blades are more likely to fracture and become more dangerous in terms of causing injuries to others. But what do I know...

5. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    blades are supposed to be safer to the wearer as in preventing injuries that hae to do with running and stuff like that, also if you have sg adidas boots you could check out a pair of studs on PDS that are sorta half blade/half stud

6. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I have the same problem, typically with my adidas boots. I do in fact HATE when it happens- it's a huuuge inconvenience.

7. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    From the other hand with blades your feet don't hurt that much after game or practice.

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I've never had a problem with studs hurting my feet

9. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Imagine a plate with a bunch of studs attached to it in a circular configuration. And Imagine sticking that to the ground and rotating it.

Now, imagine another plate with blades attached in a circular confiuration. Again, imagine sticking it to the ground and rotating it.

Which one do you think rotates easier? The blades. Which is why blades are safer on your knees. Traction is good, but too much traction is a no no for your knees. Trust me, I've been there. If you still think you need more traction, there still are many quality boots made with studs from every majore brand, like Adidas, Puma, Nike, Lotto, Umbro, and many others.

10. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Little question: are Nike Legends and AZT3 considered studded boots? Well yeah they don't have a very classical soleplate but the shape of the studs looks more like studs rather than blades.

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'd say they are, well at least the SG version. They have metal tips on the end and I think that classifies it as a studded boot, whereas the FG version is a moulded boot.

bigg skizzle

12. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    I think your a bit confused there...blades over more traction then conical studs

13. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    I'm talking about rotational traction which is different from the straight-line traction. They don't. The problem with conical studs is that they offer almost the same amount of traction in every direction. Well designed blades offer the same or possibly better straight-line traction compared to conical studs, while preventing locking when you're trying to rotate your foot.