Dodgy rumour

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Footstomper, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From a site called Dodgy rumours

Pardew to be sacked before watford. peter grant will take over for that match. coming in will be Martin Allen. also paulo di canio to work as coach at west ham next season.

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of us less informed, who is Martin Allen?

Is there any truth to the bust up rumor with Pards and Teddy?

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martin Allen, used to play for WHU a few years back.

4. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    I hope this is true. We need fresh enthusiasm and who better to give it to us than Mad-Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For the less informed - Martin Allen was a crazy center back who wouldn't have looked out of place in the Wimbledon team of the late 80's, he played for West Ham and was lovingly referred to as Mad-Dog. He is Claret and Blue through and through.
    UP THE HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 15woodcroft

15woodcroft Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Terry Brown's going to release another manager and pay the balance of his contract while employing a new manager? Highly unlikely.

Mad Dog's managing Brentford or someone isn't he? How's he doing there?

6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Mad Dog Allen worked under Pards at Reading, only getting the job because he lied in the interview, stating that 'Yes, I do have the relevant coaching credentials.' It was a few months into his coaching tenure at Reading when Pard's found out the lie. Luckily, MD Allen had turned Reading's fortunes around and they'd become a force to be reckoned with in Division 1, so an annoyed Pard told MD Allen, 'You'd better go and get them then.'

From Reading MDA got the Barnet job, and his arrival coincided with Barnet becoming a team everyone else worried about in the Conference. They became serious promotion contenders, and it was obvious that a League team would come calling soon.

Enter cash-strapped Brentford. The Bee's are in a awful financial state (sound familiar, Hammers fans?) To the extent that at least 3 of their players are on month-to-month contracts, and are only paid as and when they're used. Brentford are in 8th position in Division 2. Amazing, if you consider that they're operating on a shoe-string budget and are above 'big' teams like Sheffield Wednesday.

If Brown does pull the trigger on Pard's (surely it's too early for that?!?!), Mad Dog is the only name worth considering for the post.

7. shootemlow

shootemlow New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Hmmm. Pards could go to Portsmouth. !!! You know, I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter who W Ham get as manager nothing is going to change until the board does. Every time we get good players come up through the ranks they're sold. Every time we get cash in the bank it's squandered. I like Pards and if he goes then nothing will change. WE need new OWNERS.