Do you suppose they'll announce the name on Friday?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Knave, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm....Holland and Celtic come to mind to dispute that. In other sports Texas Longhorns stuff is pretty popular in the Dallas area and I'll bet green is pretty poular in Boston and Philly.

2. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Time for an orange team in MLS. I Like Club Deportivo Houston, CD Houston.

Of course, Rovers, Oilers, Drillers, Internacional and Eagles (with a space theme) are also good.

Hope it's not CA Houston, America USA or any combo of that.

Wouldn't be surpirsed to see something like:

Strikers, Kickers or Heat . . not saying I like those,just wouldn't be surprised to see those "soccer-esque" names.

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure sounds like they haven't been giving this MLS Houston thing any thought.

4. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think it is a good temporary stadium. It is not the best location but it is a good stadium to watch soccer. I live near the new Cy-Fair stadium and would love to go there for the location but it is field turf and it will have football lines.

As long as they get a plan going for a SSS then I think it will be all right. Delmar would still be the best scenario for a SSS for location and proximity.

5. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I was just being sarcastic - should've used the smilies. AEG has obviously been working on the MLS Houston thing. And I think Robertson was the best option for the short-term venue (Celt and I have argued for pages and pages about that ;) ).

6. she ca go

she ca go Red Card

Jan 31, 2005
    Chicago
    I do kinda recall the Rhythm stuff but not really. Anyway I need to make something clear, my low life friend who works in an Adidas factory told me two weeks ago that these Quakes jerseys were coming on line and that in his opinon that meant the Quakes were staying in San Jose but there was no logo on the jersey, so Adidas is either making them as a stock jersey or they are planning on using them for MLS. Thats what I know we will see tomorrow. Maybe. I was wrong once before, once.

7. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like they'll announce a name-the-team contest:

Fútbol time in Houston, Houston Chronicle

8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anderson!

Here we go amigo mio. What kind of Torciada do you want to create?

I know AEG struck a deal with Maggard. I feel he had to realize that no Field Turf was needed and the extra money streaming into the University's coffers makes him look like great AD that knows how to turn a coin.

Robertson's sight lines are fantastic! The "box" effect is in place at Robertson as the stadium feels like an English or Argentine stadium....well minus the terraces and 20 foot fences but a great closed in feel for futbol.

9. CK

CK Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Southeast
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have the colors already been decided?

10. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like it would be silly to announce too much all at once. Since tickets will need to be sold en masse on short notice, they need to have as many press conferences and free publicity articles that they can get.

-announce the colors at one
    -announce the name at another
    -unveil the uniforms at a different one
    -and whatever else they can do to get themselves in the news