do you miss zlatan ajax fans?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by SectionX, Dec 6, 2004.

1. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I am jsut curios. Zlatan is doing good in juve. Capello loves him.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

who gives a crap about juve? yeah, i miss him because of that massive #9 hole we've had all season - perhaps i will miss him less when a new striker arrives... perhaps

3. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Zlatan had a love-hate affair with the hardcore Ajax fans. We never liked him that much, he had a big mouth but he wasn't scoring a lot. He had a lot of talent, but he had a big ego. But after a very good Euro 2004 and a good start with Ajax this season, everybody liked him. We miss him back because we only have Sonck and Anastasiou to replace him...

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

how much he scored isn't the main point and dutch people really don't get too offended by a big mouth (let's get real) - point is the offense ran around him

5. Jimmy32

Jimmy32 New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Amsterdam
    I agree with Blue Daddy, that the offense was built around him. He's a hell of a player though, I think similar to MvB in that he's a bitch to play against, always fouling, always hacking away, never giving up...
    But if its a number 9 Ajax needs, its got to be the Czech Mountain Koller. He's the only one who could function like Zlatan could.

6. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Pff, a Gabrich II? No thank you.

7. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Koller, Gabrich 2? get real.

If this Ajax would have a little bit of inspiration and willpower someone like Koller would be ideal for us. Big, strong, capable of keeping posession up front and ideal to draw attention to the center of the box.

Besides, he has proven his worth unlike Gabrich ever has.

8. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Just joking ;) , but Ajax can't affort Koller, maybe Charisteas is coming during the winter stop. (Machlas II ;) )

9. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A better fit forAjax,to 'replace',Zlatan,with his size and play might be John Carew,or Pierre van Hooijdonk! both to me,from what I've seen,of the three plays,to be similar in size and play. Koller has the size but I feel does not 'play',like the others. :)
    I do not know if either is possible to get!? :confused:

10. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Why would we miss Zlatan? We've got Anastasiou!

Yes, we miss him :(

The board better buy a really good striker in january.

11. Jimmy32

Jimmy32 New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Amsterdam

Koller has what the other two don't have, which is some skill on the ball...

12. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    But Koller is financially out of reahc for ajax.

But on topiç:

I know you asked if Ajax fans miss Zlatan, and Im sure they do. But as a non-Ajax fan, Im very glad that he's off the Dutch pitches. I don't think he ever scored against my club so it's not that, and besides, Rafael vd Vaart always seems to score against Roda. It's that Zlatan is right up there with the Heubachs (fc Twente) of this league (I noticed an fc twente fan around here, dont be mad, I just to think that Heubach is one of the dirtier players in the game). Always fouling, which I don't think is bad in a striker perse, but the way he would foul people was atrocious, IMHO.

In short: Im glad he's gone.

13. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    You're talking about his elbow use I presume? I always find it so stupid when people bring that up... he did it only three times - and Bert Konterman himself said it was his own fault because he jumped against Zlatan.
    Especially the media have always way overexaggerated this.

14. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    It's not just the elbow. It's also the movement of his arms when an opponent approaches. The NOS broadcasters would call it breed maken, however you could clearly see he was out to hit or at the very least hurt the challenger. It's also the way he used to go after a defenders anckles when he was denied of a run. It's also the look in his eyes when he was fouled. You just knew he was going to get back at him - and often he would. It's also the way he would agitate and agitate, simply to see a situation escalate. I couldn't stand Zlatan, and he ruins watching Juve matches for me now where I love to watch them for Cannavaro :(