Do you like the Supporters clubs at RBA

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls: Supporters Clubs' started by simont, Apr 26, 2011.

1. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Do you like the Supports clubs at RBA

I much prefer the "assssssssholeeeeee" chant after a bad call like you hear in the NHL playoffs.

2. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC

No matter what?

[​IMG]

3. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not here they weren't. One of our guys brought it over from FC St. Pauli in 2006. Known fact, we're the first to sing it on this side of the Atlantic.

4. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"We Love Ya" was hijacked way before the US-Argentina game. I think it was taken from our boards before the season even started IIRC.

Look at last year....we start singing "I Believe" ............(which we took from college/hs basketball).... month later you hear Crapids fans singing it at the MLS Cup. This year I think I heard the Vancouver fans doing it.

Almost every song you hear is a copycat version of something.
    Very few original things out there.

5. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I haven't heard that TBH. Colorado I'm not concerned about..they have like 15 supporters anyway. Didn't know about Vancouver.

6. EmpedoxFCB

EmpedoxFCB Member

Apr 20, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rofl!

Edit: In before my favorite troll Jasonma gives a sly remark about their championship last season followed by some winking emoticon...

7. NJ_Gunner1

NJ_Gunner1 Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hoboken
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kraU9LvzOIY&feature=player_embedded#at=22"]YouTube - Supporters' groups[/ame]

At 0:18 you can see the Vancouver fans singing "I Believe That We Will Win." This doesn't seem to be the real SG (Southsiders??) but a different group.

8. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think YSA is hilarious and adds to the atmosphere.

Personally I hate going to games where foul language is frowned upon. I work hard all week and pay good money for my tickets. So on gameday I want to drink with my friends and heckle the other team into submission.

As for the kids? If there are children around I try my best to restrain myself. However, I think parents should be aware of what goes on at a pro sports games and should talk to their kids about it.

My dad used to say "You're gonna hear some stuff at the game today. It's part of the game. But if I ever hear you repeat those words I'll kill you."

9. nymetrobulls

nymetrobulls New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You have stadium language and then your everyday language.

10. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Soccer moms don't excel at compartmentalizing.

11. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And this is the larger issue. MLS is moving very far away very quickly from the soccer mom / orange slices league it once was...and moving quickly towards the world's standard experience of the game.

IMO those who have a specific idea of what attending a soccer game should be are the ones that are up in arms about the language.

Think FYA is bad? Go to a Rangers/Celtic game. You'll hear stuff that'll make your ears weep blood.

12. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd like to add a song here that another RB fan turned me on to. It's fun to sing when you're absolutely hammered.

Sung to the tune of "My body lies over the ocean".

If I had the wings of an eagle.
    If I had the ass of a crow.
    I'd fly due (west) over (Los Angeles)
    And $hit on the (Galaxy) below.
    $hit on, $hit on, $hit on the (Galaxy) be-low, BE-LOW.
    $hit on, $hit on, $hit on the (Galaxy) below.

Obviously swap out the team/city and direction of the team relative to NYC for each opponent.

I guess it was originally a Liverpool song.
    http://terracechants.me.uk/chant/1430

13. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ESC did it in 101 back in Giants Stadium from 98-02 or so. It got phased out.

14. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I'm honestly pretty pleased that RBA is best-accessible (in most respects) via public transportation. I know some parents and their kids who go to games and add as much to the atmosphere as anyone else, but generally those who are scared of parking on the street, taking the train, or walking to the game aren't contributing to what's becoming a mature and top-notch scene, whether they're 10 or 50. That's admittedly just my own ideal, and I warmly welcome all ages and types at games and, along with most others of my type, am actually very friendly and accommodating. I don't believe bad words, shaking aluminum stands, or whatever is harmful to anyone.

15. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Time to bring it back!

16. NYRBgardenstateNYRB

NYRBgardenstateNYRB New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is New York.. who cares about class? :eek:

17. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I Believe has now made it's way to the USMNT, heard at both the Spain game and tonite's game against Guadeloupe.

18. Mr.Smartypants

Mr.Smartypants Red Card

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    University College Dublin
    I dont mind other teams co-opting our songs, i find it to be a sign of respect that they like what we do so much they want to do it at their own venues.

What fumes me is when same groups then try and claim the never heard us do it before and they are some grand originator of the song. For fuks sake, at least give us our due.

I can list no less than 10 songs ESC either created originally or introduced in some variation from abroad to MLS that have made their way through out the league, even with the same variations we threw in there.

My favorite is the U S EHHHHH song. It was a bunch of ESC guys in Montreal at the 2007 U-20's having a go weith canadian fans in attendance and overstressing the A like a canuck would. Totally spontanious, yet within a year every US fan is singing that variation like it was the ACTUAL song. (Original song sung for years before that never had the A, it was just clap clap clap-clap-clap- U! S!.)

Or Wipeout, an absolute ESC orginal that Revs fans claimed was a USA song first, when it was ESC guys that introduced the song to them at a USA game. Grrrr.

Or the " We Love You" song that NOBODY sang prior to 2007 in MLS, that was altered to eliminate the traditional KC and the Sunshine Band "thats the way we like it" verse because we felt it was kinda lame. Notice no one in MLS sings the actual St. Pauli version they all claim they actually got it from, they sing the ESC version that eliminated the lame verse.

I could go on and on, but my favorite are Seattle fans that started singing Cock Sparrer as if they were the first MLS group in 15 years to ever sing any of those claissc terrace songs. FFS.

19. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1000000

You are so correct