Do you follow former Fire players around the world?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Catfish, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Often know that serious sports fans will have a slight affection for a former player and show support for various clubs, ie. Brian McBride (Fulham), Beasley (PSV) and so on.

I was wondering how many Fire fans follow PSV or anyother club, not hardcore, but are interested in the developement of the former Fire player.

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try to catch fulham whenever they are on for bocanegra. Unfortunately I don't get the games Beasley plays in most of the time.

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've definetly become a Fulham "fan" since Boca and McBride joined up with them. I've only managed to catch two games since then. Despite being a little-more-than-casual Ajax fan, I definetly root for PSV...when they're not playing Ajax that is. In the end it's easier because they're Americans, so in the end I just want to see them do that much better because it just helps the NT that much more.

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I keep track of how PSV and Fulham are doing. But I have other interests that take precedent.

[​IMG]

5. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    I have PSV's site bookmarked. Occasionally they will post videos that include interviews with Beasley.

I visit Fulhams site when I want to work on my Chris Coleman impersonation. :)

6. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like others have said, I follow PSV & Fulham.

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I follow all ex-fire players. I don't necessarily route for their teams though.

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want the former Fire players to do well but I don't root for their teams either.

9. GuinnessFC

GuinnessFC New Member

Jun 1, 2000
    NWI
    I follow Fulham... I have been across the pond twice to catch a few matches.... I also check up on PSV to see how DNB is doing .... But I maily watch Fulham.....

10. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I watch the Fulham matches that my ReplayTV picks up from FSW.....

But in a few weeks, I fly to England to catch the Fulham vs W.B.A. match...got my tickets and everything, can't wait to see the game live!

11. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I follow Fulham and PSV. I watch Fulham as much as I can. I don't get to see PSV.

I really like Fulham - Chris Coleman seems to be a really cool manager. Since they signed both Boca and McBride, it just made them even more fun to watch. Unfortunately, they aren't playing too well.

12. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I follow Frankowski on RC Lens.

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Roma. I am trying to track Lens though.