Do we want Dema?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by carpediem175, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, this is MLS where they don't call fouls and let skill plays get hacked with impunity

2. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple question:

If he was all that, why is DC letting him go?

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can be part of the problem, or part of the solution. If you prefer the status quo, then I understand your position. But if you would like the MLS to change, then change has to start somewhere.

Don't be afraid of change. Change is good. :D

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    His old salary was in the range of 160-170k. That's why. (The contract was one of the many boneheaded Hudson era decisions.) He was apparently offered another contract at a reduced salary, but when he saw the offer - well, let's just say that's when the "Kovalenko is exploring his options" talk began.

5. Bilbao2Brooklyn

Jun 20, 2001
    Brooklyn,U.S.A.
    I have hated this guy for years. He seems to play dirty, almost with intent to injure the other player.

That said, I definitely want him. He reminds of an Artest like player(maybe not as much skill.)

6. ThePuck

ThePuck New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    D.C., M.F., W?!?!
    JimBrown is right. We couldn't believe you all actually took Agoos. We laughed about that for months. Dema is a different story. He's strong on the ball, and he has skill. It wouldn't be a bad trade, or even if you just scooped him after we drop him.

7. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    NO WAY! There are a couple of players in the MLS that I can't stand. Dema is at the top of the list.