Do Bundesliga Fans cheer 4 all German clubs in CL?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Catfish, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just curious. You know a little country or league loyalty. Or do most Bundesliga fans cheer for other clubs in other leagues and would never dream of backing other German clubs besides their own for the Champion's League title???

2. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Many root for all German clubs, but I also know many who are against Bayern in every game. Personally I got to admit that considering Bayern + Dortmund meanwhile owning 31% of the total Bundesliga budget, I am happy about everything that might decline their power.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lovely

Didn't know that those 2 clubs wielded such power over the Bundesliga! But aren't they also the biggest clubs?

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    many teams will get outside support, but probably not bayern and not from a fierce rival (schalke fan would pull against dortmund) - but most people here in the north like that stuttgart are doing well

5. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Yes, everybody is wishing Stuttgart a good Champions League season. Haven't found anyone rooting against them yet (well, maybe Karlsruhe or Freiburg fans...)

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How about the 1996 Final? How much support Dortmund get in Munich? Or did the Dortmund fans buy all the tickets from Bayern Munich fans?

7. erwink

erwink New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    california
    I remember watching that match and the television commentators saying that the Munich supporters were rooting for Juventus. I believe that final was in 1997, but I could be wrong.

8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You are right it was the 1996-1997 season.

9. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Massive arshole Uli Hoeness, the FC Arschloch Munich manager was even chearing when Juve made the 1:2 by Del Piero.
    They were soooooooooooooo jealous in Munich.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Feel the love!

Now that's what I call pure hatred....lol. Love the passion of the German footie fans.

Still searching for that elusive German club that I will follow. Just have to keep watching the Bundesliga highlight show and some matches here and there.

11. erwink

erwink New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    california
    However, they haven't had much to be jealous about recently with Borussia Dormant. BVB sucks!!

12. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    I will cheer for any German team except Dortmund.

13. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I will cheer for any German team, but never for Bayern and Dortmund, I love to see them lose.
    I begin only to switch to their games on TV when they're on the lose.

14. erwink

erwink New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    california
    PileD...........it's Lose not loose

15. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Ok, I correctet it.

16. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This year I will only cheer for Stuttgart in CL. Not for Bayern and not for Schalke or Dortmund in Uefa cup. Although I don´t mind if one of the last two teams would proceed.

17. KarlMai

KarlMai Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Witzenhausen/Germany
    Club:
    FF USV Jena
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First sentence is totally true.

I would be also happy with everything that helps in a decline of Bayern and Dortmund on the NATIONAL level... however, since an early "out" in the European Cups usually only helps them in the league (for they can now concentrate on that, best example was last year, where Bayern won the BL title easily after going out of the CL in the group stages), success on the European level is more helpful for the chances of other teams in the league.
    On the other hand, European success brings them more money which is never good... *sigh*

But considering what minnows and dwarves even Dortmund and Bayern are in comparison to the financial possibilities of Italian, Spanish and English clubs, I can't bring myself to wish that they would still be weaker...

So I root for all German clubs, even the ones I don't like that much.

Maybe I am just too much of a national chauvinist, as is also evidenced by my rooting for any German national team... ^^