Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Jan 30, 2007.
DMB and JOB on Arena's list according to Bigapplesoccer.com!
exact link... http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/article.php?article_id=8545
We have to give Chivas something for JOB, but no one of value comes to mind.
Why should you be expecting to give up something of value? JOB is as broke down as broke down can get.
Because Chivas still own his rights. A trade would probably involve a conditional draft pick due to JOB's health issues.
Bruce trying to put the 2006 World Cup team back together, eh?
When's Ben Olson going to be acquired (?), and certainly you can move Todd Dunivent for Eddie Lewis' arrival
potentially nice additions considering we still will have a dp/si slot available. DMB wouldb e great, JOB, if healthy and not Reyna/Tab like would be great also. If he and reyna both get injured we will be screwed however so let's hope they are both healthy or at least one. Not a bad gamble as we are looking at skilled type of players that can create. i like......
I would take this chance in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't be surprised to see this actually. The poor guy transfers to Leeds because he thinks he'll have a better shot at promotion. They lose in the playoffs and now Leeds are sucking swamp water in the Colaship's basement, while Preston are deep in the hunt for promotion. He's a better winger than back though...
I was trying to say there's no one I would want to trade away for JOB. My bad.
I don't see DaMarcus Beasley coming back to MLS this summer.
Ok. That makes more sense. I certainly wouldn't give up anything of value for JOB. He'd basically have to be handed to me for nothing before I'd even waste my breath talking about picking him up. And even then in probably wouldn't work because I'm sure he wouldn't be willing to work for the peanuts that I would offer him.
I second that ....If Obrian can't play, we don't loose nothing
Guys, if they waived JOB, we can offer one of our waived player's rights for him, right? Why not be rid of Canero once and for all?
DMB would be a nice pick up...he is a great talent, plus he would put people in the stands.
While this is true, consider:
1. He's now rounding into form with Man City in the EPL, and has recently scored some important goals for them.
2. Beasley will turn only 25 this summer. The next few seasons should be his prime playing [and earning] years.
3. He's probably making a pretty good salary, as signed with PSV.
4. He's still under contract with PSV through next season, which would require MLS to pay a pretty significant transfer fee to acquire him. Man City could afford to pay a fee without blinking, OTOH.
5. All of the other actual or rumored DP signings were much closer to, or on the wrong side of 30 years old. More importantly to MLS, all were available on the free. [Beckham, Ronaldo, Davids, and Reyna were all available on the free; DMB is neither old nor available on the free.]
6. As Beasley's form continues to ascend, his transfer value increases, not decreases. Particularly in a league like the EPL, and for a player of his age/resume.
7. Even if he's "unhappy with Man City," his form will pave his way to another club of his choosing in Europe. [Though I doubt he's as "unhappy" in Manchester as the article suggests.]
8. The article is horribly out of date, in that I don't recall anyone calling him "Jitterbug" since he was closer to 17 years old.
In sum, there is virtually no chance [IMO] that RBNY or ANY MLS side will land DMB's services for this or any of the next ~5 or so seasons. Though I'd like to see him back in MLS in the near term, I think it to be as likely as the Zidane-to-Chicago rumors.
..."he would put people in the stands"????? really? come on! really? DMB? ummm I don't know. Maybe you should play the game... "when he falls you have to do a shot of Yager".... I usually don't remember a thing post halftime...
Agreed ** shudders at the thought of agreeing with a S**m fan **
Please God; not JOB.
Relax bro...who is better than beasely on the squad right now?
No one's questioning talent, but your assertion that he'll raise attendance figures is a bit of a stretch.
Something tells me DMB isn't going to relish being Arena's central mid.
He'd be a huge addition to New York, but I really hope he stays in Europe, for his own good. He's finally starting to make an impact for Man City. As much as he'd help NY & the MLS, he personally (and especially the USMNT) would get much more out of EPL competition.
What is the deal with John O'Brien? Is he healthy? Will he ever be healthy?
I know he's always injured, but is it one lingering injury that will never go away or just a series of unfortunate events?
O'Brien to the RB's makes sense.
Beasley coming back to MLS and the specifically the RB's right now is an absurd rumor.
At worst, DMB hates Arena for his World Cup treatment and at best, he has moved on and doesn't want anything to do with him. Plus, he is averaging close to a point and goal per game. His physical size limits opportunities, but he will get plenty of other overatures if he doesn't sign with City long term.
I personally, would love to see him in Spain or Maybe Porto/Benfica.