DLT good move or bad move?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by aztecsol1, Nov 20, 2004.

1. aztecsol1

aztecsol1 New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    was this a good move or not?

2. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Yes

3. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I'm not sure...

I would have preferred to get something in return, like a chance at improving on our (non) offensive midfield. As others have speculated, however, leaving him unprotected may not have been an option,

4. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Justify your answer. Even if you didn't want him on the team, how is giving away something for nothing ever a good move?

5. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    C'mon sweetie. Calm down. I still love you.

"Would you like fries or a baked potato?"
    "Yes."

"Coke or Pepsi?"
    "Yes."

"Was OJ guilty or not guilty?"
    "Yes."

"Are you paying with paper or plastic?"
    "Yes."

Need I go on? Not terribly mature, but I still get a kick out of it.

My honest answer is from all appearances it probably wasn't a good idea, but I haven't heard the counter reasoning. Why didn't DLT play the last quarter of the season? Was he just in the Hanki doghouse, was he injured, or did he lose his starting job? Are we 100% sure Chivas would have traded for him?

Does that make you feel better, sweetheart? Miss you. Kisses.

6. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Ever since the announcement that there was going to be a CD Chivas USA, it has been a forgone conclusion that DLT would end up there. He was the only name I ever heard bantered about. I think we really didn't have a choice considering how the MLS is run. While there were really strong things about DLT's game, he was smart and had an excellent selection of ball delivery skills, he was nonetheless, slower than I am, and I was beaten in a race yesterday by a dead chicken. If there was a way to utilize him that wouldn't expose him, I think he would be great, but I fear his speed would always make him a defensive liability. I think that apart from his speed, his skills make him at the very least above average in the MLS. Too bad we couldn't take his skills and Joey's wheels and make a Joey De La Torre!!!!! :D

7. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    That could be said for so many of our players. Delgado and Rey Rey, Gary Sullivan and John Spencer, Zizi and Powell. Well maybe not the last one. All that one would give you is a half a million dollar hamstring problem with a belief in the effectiveness of witch doctors.

I have to say I am not sure if this was a good or bad move for the rapids. I hate that he left and we got nothing for him, but it is quite possible we didn't have much choice. What will decide it for me is who we bring in to replace him either through the draft or however.