Division III

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Rocksteady, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Central College 1 - Luther 1
    in Decorah

Not a bad result for the Dutch considering the game was in Decorah. they are now 15-0-1 and lead the IIAC going into the final week of the regular season

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks for the update. Good result for Central, but so close to beating Luther. Hopefully Central will meet them in the playoffs and beat the Norse! Good luck.

3. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey man, did u play for central last year? I played for Buena Vista last year, #13. In the central game I played attacking mid right behind our two strikers.

4. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Re: Re: Re: rankings

Yeah, I only played two years at college, because I also lost interest. I wanted to concentrate on my grades and study abroad.

5. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rankings

Going to Germany for a minimum of a semester if things go according to plan next year (International Business major).

6. Easybake15

Easybake15 New Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
  7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea I played at Central last year, but the day we played you guys I was nursing a sore ankle and I wasn't able to play, I could only watch.

8. swcfutbol

swcfutbol New Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Saint Peter, Minnesota
    yeah i played goalie for Buena Vista last year

9. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good win for Macalester (8th in West) on Friday, beating UW-Oshkosh (4th in West) 1-0 in overtime. They play at UW-Whitewater (6th in West) is what will probably be another close one. Last year, Whitewater came to Mac for their first home game and won a thrilling 2–1 game in overtime.

I'd hope a win today would give the Scots at least a spot in the top 25 and some better recognition. They're not as potent on offense as they were last year but the team is starting to settle down. They've only given up five goals in 14 games.

Everything looks like it's being set up for the second GAC-MAC MIAC title showdown in St. Paul in three years... I'm sure the crowd at Macalester will be large and loud on Friday night.

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sports.luther.edu/news/cancellation.html

that stinks, I was hoping that Gustavus Adolphus would get a shot at Luther. But I guess looking that the schedule and Luther having to play to play Central the day before, I guess that they decided that it was not worth it. It's a shame, cause I think that would have made Luther 0-2-1 in their last three.

11. swcfutbol

swcfutbol New Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Saint Peter, Minnesota
    yeah it would have been most definitely nice to get a chance to play luther. Im pretty sure they backed out because they didnt want to go into a late season slump before the conference tourney. Big games this week for gustavus, bethel on tuesday at home, then traveling to MAC friday for MIAC championship possibly. MAC lost to UW-Whitewater 3-0, and travels to concordia wednesday against a concordia team who is 0-7 in the conference losing every game by one goal, they could easily be in the top 4 or 5 in the conference if they could finish there opportunities

12. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointing loss for Mac yesterday.

Concordia is definitely not a game to overlook. They've lost their last nine games by one goal! Also, Mac have to get up early for a 12 noon kickoff. A trip from St. Paul to Moorhead is not the most pleasant away game in the MIAC.

13. Rocksteady

Rocksteady New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Washington
    NESCAC

With one week left in the regular season, Bowdoin has locked up the first seed for the NESCAC tournament. This gives them a bye for the first round (thus an automatic semifinal slot) and the right to host the semis and finals. Also significant is that the have risen back to seventh in the nation. This should help them get an at-large bid if the falter in the conference tournament.

14. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like us last year moulton.

15. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Macalester finally got its break... Gustavus lost at home to Bethel 2-1, and if the Scots win at Concordia today, they jump into first place in the MIAC before Friday night's crucial matchup and would clinch the title with a win over the Gusties.

Overlooking Concordia (that team is much better than an 0-7 conference record suggests), especially when the team has to go all the way out there for a 12 noon kickoff, would not be very wise. This game is almost as important as the next.

16. swcfutbol

swcfutbol New Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Saint Peter, Minnesota
    Gustavus loss to bethel. Bethel converted on two scoring opportunities late in the first half. While gac missed several opportunities. In the second half bethel had possesion possibly twice. Bethel got frustrated and threw punches at gustavus players on at least three seperate occasions. Fouls were 20-9 in favor of bethel, they earned 3 yellow cards, one which resulted in a pk which was missed. All in all, it sets up a match up for the MIAC title, GAC at MAc, winner going to nationals...

17. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a mention here for Otterbein in the OAC.

Gerry D'Arcy is among the finest coaches anywhere, and the cardinals are currently ranked 14th nationally. Their 15-2 record includes 10 shutouts and Angelo Maso leads the OAC in scoring.

18. trobinson

trobinson New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Otterbien won't do anything. Ohio Weleyan has always had there number. Though Ohio Wesleyan is no longer ranked due to a loss to Wittenburg, over the last five years they have consistently ran the region. I still think they are by far the most dominant coming from the great lakes.

Didn't Ohio Welseyan already beat Otterbein this year?

19. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MAC 3-0 Concordia-Moorhead

Friday night, it's on. The buzz is starting to spread around campus, hopefully the weather's warm enough for a good crowd.

20. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U. of Rochester beat #8 Brockport 3-0 last night. Should push them up in the regional polls. They are out of any chance to get an automatic bid in the UAA.

Rochester improved to 10-4-2. Brockport is 15-3.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Central College 2 Simpson College 1
    The Dutch won today to finish the regular season with a 16-0-1 record and the one seed in the IIAC conference tournament to be played on Nov 8 and 9 in Waverly, IA.
    Great result for the Dutch, going from 7th and missing the conference to undefeated and conference champs.

22. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Congratulations and good luck in the IIAC tournament.

23. rmacc3ng

rmacc3ng New Member

Jul 18, 2001
    Winston-Salem, NC
    national capital area...

why no mention of any squads from the capital area? MWC... Salisbury... Virginia Wesleyan... what does anybody think of these clubs?

24. Rocksteady

Rocksteady New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Washington
    VWC

VWC lost to unranked Randolph Macon this week. Not a good lead-in to the tournament.

25. JohnW

JohnW Member

Apr 27, 2001
    St. Paul
    Macalester 1, Adolphus Gustavus 0

Freezing cold night game. Pretty boring match. Mac scored about 10 minutes in on a corner kick. It looked like AG keeper misjudged the ball, which went over his head to two unmarked Macalester players.

I'll leave the color commentary to others.