Division 3 playoffs

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Hars, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Hars

Hars New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    I know that the four top teams from each regional division go into playoffs.

Is it a big advantage to finish top do you then get easier games in the playoffs ?

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good questions. The answer is not really. Once the playoffs from Segunda B start, they are winner takes all, 4 team groups. Each team plays a total of 6 games, 2 against each team in their division, one at home and one on the road.

I don't know if the regular season group winners are seeded, for example, the winner of Segunda B Grupo I is in a group with the second place team from Grupo II, the third place team from Grupo III, and the fourth place team in Grupo IV. Not sure how they actually seed the groups, but it is winner take all. Group winners have no advantage, outside of possible seeding.

3. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They seed the groups by lottery, with each group winner going into bowl A, second place finishers in B, etc. Once they pick no team can be selected with a team from their group of league play. Except for seeding purposes finishing first doesn't mean much, as demonstrated two years ago when all 4 teams from Group B (Andalucia, Extremadure and Murcia) won their respective liguillas and were promoted to Segunda. This year I believe Cataluna had 2 of the teams make it to segunda.

Saludos y viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Malaga CF and I answered the Segunda B which is third division, if you are asking about tercera division (4th division) then where you finish is indeed important. It's 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd for each of the 17 groups of tercera. In order to move up you have to win both rounds (home and away legs).

Viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

5. Hars

Hars New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Thanks for your help guys

I should have been clearer in my first post I was talking about tercera division.

I live in la linea,Cadiz and watch Real Balompedica Linense in group 10 they are currently second in the table and look like making the playoffs ( although they lost at home for first time on Sunday :mad: )

I am still learning Spanish so can't quite work out the playoffs from other fans.

Does anyone know where I could find a website that gives all the tercera division group tables ?

6. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Granada in 5th place in Group 9. Granada 74 next to last in relegation zone.

Go Granada!

Quango

8. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's unfortunate, because Granada is a great city and deserves to have a team, at least in Segunda A or B. Kind of like Cordoba, although they are in Segunda and have flirted with promotion to Primera a couple of times. They may just have a run in them yet.

Certainly, Andalucian soccer is strong, beyond Betis, Sevilla and Malaga, with teams like Cordoba, Recreativo, Cadiz and even Malaga B in Segunda A. I'm hoping that Andalucia places another team in Primera, and hopefully, Malaga, Betis and Sevilla will qualify for Europe.

The way Sevilla is playing, the Champions League is not out of the question. Even though my Malaguenyo side tells me not to root for them, it would be great to see an Andalucian team reach such heights.

9. Hars

Hars New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    I just thought I'd have to mention that Real Balompedica Linense recovered from their first home defeat to thrash Dos Hermanos 8-0 away from home Segunda b here we come .....................hopefully ;)

10. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Cadiz may join the primera next season as they are currently in first place in Segunda A. Granada is still just out of the top four in Tercera IX and Granada 74 looks to be relegated to whatever is below Tercera. Hars' Linense is fourth in Tercera X.

As long as Malaga picks it up and Cadiz stay on track, there would be four Andalucian sides in primera next year.

By the way, when I was in Cadiz last spring, their kits were yellow and purplish/pink. Is that still the case? I just saw it in El Corte Ingles and thought it was an interesting kit.

Quango

11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    They always had yellow and blue but added that other color to part of their kit last year, they are back to the same old colors as always!

Pichi

12. Quango

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Apparently, the pink/purple color was a popular jersey. http://www.soccer-spain.com/

13. Funk Essentials

Funk Essentials New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Hello everyone, as I am new to this board, i'm reading this for the first time and so my response may seem a little late. Anyway, these are the sites that I follow for Spanish football.

Pimera & Segunda division: http://www.lfp.es/

Segunda B & Tercera division: http://www.diariofutbol.com/

And for Andalucia regional

Primera Andaluza, Regional Preferente, Primera Provincial, Segunda Provincial:

http://www.lapreferente.com/