Dithering Davey's Transfer Market Misadventures

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sarabella, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Re: January transfer rumours

I haven't seen him in action, but I worry about Trundle... sure he scores a lot of goals, but Swansea isn't even in the Coca-Cola Championship! Its a lot different playing against premiership defenses, so I hope nobody wastes a lot of money on him (a lot being >250k, in my opinion).

2. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005

i think Swansea would laugh at us in the same way Birmingham laughed at us when we offered 1.5m over several years,if we offered 250k for him.

On the plus side he does use his silky skills alot. I understand your concerns about what division he plays in tho. Second plus side he is a Bluenose.

3. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

Dont take what im about to say as a done deal but there have been rumours about that we have sold Kroldrup to Shalke04 for 3.5m. Ok i carnt confirm this and its only a roumour at the moment but it could happen.

I know many ppl like myself would be thinking 'ffs weve just lost 1.5m in 6months!" but from what ive heard is that we have only payed about 1.25m up front and the rest is based on apperances. TBH i doubt this would be the case seeing as Moyes has either been stalling and dithering has he normally does in the transfer market or where was the other 3. something m we would have left?

4. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

Apparently the Euell deal has hit a snag, its on the Birmingham side but it would put into question the Bent deal. Although Bruce has said hes determined to get the deal done.

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

If this is so, we desperately need a defender...I don't have faith in Weir anymore and Ferrari is just not that good right now.

6. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD

Here's a new name in the mix, plus a blurb about Earnshaw (indicating to me that we probably won't be able to sign him). From football365:

...Manchester City and Everton are keeping tabs on former striker Paul Dickov who is unhappy at not getting a regular starting place at Blackburn...Everton insist they won't be held to ransom over the possible signing of West Brom striker Rob Earnshaw...

7. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

Well, Dickov would certainly fill Big Dunc's thug role.

Not a good move for us, IMO.

8. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd like to see a striker who can help Beattie and create chances for himself and others. Dickov doesn't seem like that kind of player.

bford

9. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

Wouldnt mind Lovenkrands from Rangers. I believe that his contract is up at the end of the season so we could get him on the cheap.

10. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

Ok guys i was wrong the board and manager in all their wizdom or ineptitude whatever you would like we are considering a bid from Firoentina, not sure on the price but if its up to Bungling Bill itll be for a hand ful of magic beans.

I think its time for a director of football to come in and actually scout good players and make quick purchases.

11. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

We've lost one already, now possibly two. Honestly, how much smaller can these guys realistically expect our squad to get?!?

12. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

About the size of a gerbils left teste

;)

13. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

So Yobo is off to Egypt for at least a couple weeks, Weir has his nose busted open and we're exactly one deep at right back ... clearly we can afford to sell Kroldrup? :confused:

Until Yobo returns from the Cup of Nations, that leaves Weir, Valente, Ferrari, Hibbert and probably Neville to hold down the fort. Pistone is out until April and who knows what's up with Naysmith.

There's less than two weeks left in the transfer window and now we not only need a forward, but probably a defender or two as well!

That's one big money purchase we've waved the white flag on - hope Beattie can manage to justify at least the majority of his purchase price.

14. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

well moyes has said that Carsley and Naysmiths return is like having 2 new signings.:rolleyes: lets hope he isnt trying to be subtle and say that we dont need defensive cover with these guys back.

Lad called Stephen Wynne can also play at RB and looks quite good from what ive seen of him so Hibbo has cover.

Ive got a bad feeling that were gonna go for Ugu Ehiogu as his move to W.B.A has collapsed.

15. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta

Two new signings ... another left back and a holding midfielder. Just what a team with the most anemic attack this side of the Tongan army needs....

Still need a center back (now more than ever!) and a forward who can finish from beyond five feet.

16. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

Not sure what you mean about the new signings we havnt signed them theve just been injured for a while and are starting to come back. Or it could be misreading your post.

17. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

I think what he's saying is that having Carsley and Naysmith return from injury is the equivalent of signing two new players, even though they're not really new. In other words, don't get your hopes up about getting any REAL new signings.

18. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

I get you. Well we will sign a striker before the end of the window but its more likely just to be Trundle :rolleyes:

19. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK

Won't be Anelka. http:/./www.fansfc.com. He says he can never play for you lot, as he played for Liverpool in the past!

20. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005

I think he said this about 3 days ago.

Ok guys dont expect us to sign anyone other than one of these guys.

Trundle
    Nugent
    Earnshaw.

Seriously Moyes is such a dithere in the transfer market its scary.

We only got Cahill cos Jordan at Palace didnt want to pay agents fees.

21. toffeman

toffeman New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    brooklyn,ny usa

My feeling is that the reason why Moysie rushed to sell Koldrup is that he needed to free up some dosh to sign a striker. Thsi money together with Bent's money will allow him a 2 or 3 mil bid for a striker.
    Who is it?

22. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

Someone from the Colaship, if anyone at all.

23. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY

And of course now Ferrari is injured too... not sure for how long or how serious but it was definetly hamstring - which is never good.

24. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD

Football365 transfer gossip (http://www.football365.com/news/transfer_gossip/index.shtml) has these bits about Everton:

THE TWO SAMARAS
    Everton are looking to make a Chelski-style hijack bid for Man City's latest target, Georgios Samaras. The £6m rated striker has also attracted the interested of Arsenal but with their recent signing of Emmanuel Adebayor recently it looks set to be a bidding war between Man City and the Toffees according to the Daily Mirror. The 20-year-old Greek is apparently available for transfer but only if his £6m value is met. Everton have cash available after selling Marcus Bent for £2m last week and have found scoring goals a rarity this season...

...Everton are considering a bid for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink...

We don't typically win bidding wars, so I am doubtful about the Greek. Jimmy Floyd rumors we have heard before...

25. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

Both of those would be aaaaawwwwesome.

Of course, it won't happen... but aaaawwwesome nonetheless.