Dit is mijn club. - Ajax 2017/2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It could also be that he had a seizure, which means it could be brain related

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    On May 29th a fan reported that Nouri had lost consciousness and swallowed his tongue while on vacation in Turkey. Reporter Mike Verweij called him to ask and Nouri denied and said it was his friend who fainted.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Aren't there many athletes with those kind of problems? Like Evander Sno for example?

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But there are lots of others who have to stop playing (Like Ruban de la Red).
    Either Sno doesnt have a severe heart problem, or he just said f_ck it and went against doctor's orders

5. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    His heart stopped and he got resuscitated for 15 minutes on the pitch. He had another incident after his defibrillator got placed. And clearly his clubs wouldn't go against doctors orders.

There are many pro athletes with heart arrhythmia. It doesn't mean your career is over.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its ultimately the decision of the player if he wants to keep playing. Doctors can only advise, they can't force the player or the club to do anything.

And yes, its risky to keep playing while you have serious heart problems. Just ask deLaRed, Marc Vivien-Foe or Cheick Tioté (RIP).

The list of players who died on the pitch from cardiac arrest is a long one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

7. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  8. o_O:cautious::cautious:
    :)
    Sign him, Pronto:thumbsup:

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Riedewald is off to England and possibly reuniting with FdB at Palace. He really never found the right position at Ajax moving between RB, central defense and DM. Perhaps the constant shuffling hindered his development. I will always remember his club debut when he scored late in the match (Roda???) to save points for Ajax.

10. I read that Nouri's checks have revealed no heart or brain damage have been found. Now let's hope he will recover completely.
    It seems some brain dead people made ugly comments ( the internet age, sigh. glad I missed them). It inspired this guy to react.
    http://www.parool.nl/sport/gedicht-van-feyenoorder-voor-nouri-massaal-gedeeld~a4505599/
    Gedicht van Feyenoorder voor Nouri massaal gedeeld
    [​IMG]
    © ANP

Als blijk van medeleven schreef fanatiek Feyenoordfan Robin van den Heuvel (36) een gedicht voor Ajacied Abdelhak Nouri. Zijn woorden op Facebook zijn inmiddels door bijna een miljoen mensen gelezen.

Door: Bien Borren 10 juli 2017, 20:21
    De beelden van een in elkaar zakkende Nouri schokten hem en de reacties van mede-Rotterdammers vond Robin van den Heuvel, ook wel bekend als de Dichter van Zuid, te ver gaan.

"Als Feyenoorder heb ik een hekel aan Ajacieden en tijdens wedstrijden ben ik negentig minuten lang ontoerekeningsvatbaar, maar de reacties op het nieuws rondom Nouri ging mij veel te ver."

11. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. I just saw that terrible news, contradicting media comments from yesterday. The news now talks about irreversible brain damage in great parts of it because of oxigen deprivation. Can only wish his family the strength to cope with this terrible outcome.
    We all as a football family suffer the loss of the promise of his talent.

Clockwork_orange repped this.
  13. Clockwork_orange

Clockwork_orange New Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I think we will all have a bad day today. We may have lost our biggest talent since Sneijder. Stay strong appie. Sometimes life isn't fair at all...

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm heartbroken :( :(

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Worst possible news to wake up to this morning! Why do bad things happen to good people? 'Only the Good Die Young' - Billy Joel

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is horrible news!!

I want to know why the f_ck there was no oxygen bottle administered to him right away???!!!

17. That doesnot work when the blood isnot pumped around.

18. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah the oxygen to his brain isn't from breathing it's from blood flow and if his heart stopped and the blood flow to his brain was hindered that's where the problem lies.

Terrible and devastating news. I know that I had mentioned previously that various young players had surpassed Nouri at this point his talent was still up there for a young player. It's sad for Dutch football, but moreso for Nouri and his family. I only hope he can still have some semblance of a normal life and gets through this alive.

19. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Devestating news, strength to him and his family

20. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
  21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    There are many conditions that can lead to a heart becoming "defective". Another casualty in the footballing game, reminds me of the deaths in cycling some years ago. Young riders dying of "heart conditions" for no apparent medical reason. Playing with fire can be a recipe for disaster.

24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  25. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    "Many" possibilities for his heart seizing after a bill of good health given by the team doctors? When will they ever learn?