Dit is mijn club. - Ajax 2017/2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL...thats actually very true. I dont consider myself a footie expert at all.

But I did have the feeling that Klaassen would be good enough for a subtop club like Everton, plus I think we all have to agree that if it wasnt for Koeman Everton probably wouldnt have signed him

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dont make me test you!! :p
    Remember, I have it in writing now :sneaky:

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @BD - me and Mrs. O14 are leaving for holiday this week so I'll be in and out of the forum. Heading to London for a friend's daughter wedding and then on to Ireland.

6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have fun. And dont forget to appoint me as temporary mod while you're gone! :thumbsup:

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. Well, if I am to believe the hyping of Keizer and his Jupi team, you're going to win the title well before Christmas....So donot worry, be happy:ROFLMAO:

9. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    As long as Sanchez and Dolberg remain, the team could end up stronger next season. I'd be interested in picking up Anita. Always been a fan of this tidy player. Such a shame he went to the EPL.

10. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Keizer on the bench means Nouri on the pitch, doesn't it ?

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hard to say right now. Schöne cannot play a full 90 minutes anymore. The question is who plays as the deep lying MF? van de Beek came into matches at the position but looks to take over as the right side MF replacing Klaassen. de Jong has played deep in some matches and Ziyech seems to be the main left side MF which is where Nouri usually plays. Overmars has said that the club is not looking to bring in any new MFs. Maybe Riedewald moves back into the holding MF position.

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ziyech starts the season on a wing (rather the right one). Especially if the clubs sells Younes.

I'd see Ziyech playing on a wing, and Kluivert/Neres competing for the other one.

I doubt Keizer will put Nouri on the bench since he knows him very well and had great results with him. Best Jupiler League player

13. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It's a long season there will be rotation. I think you have 3 positions & 6 players - Schone, Ziyech, Beek, Nouri, De Jong, Eiting (called up) & maybe Riedewald (if he is not sold).

Traore is gone, Younes could be sold too. There is a solid chance that a new winger is bought to compete with Neres/Kluivert, along with a new RB as I can see Veltman being sold too !

14. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ajax announce a 25-man squad for training camp in Austria. No place for either Kenny Tete or Mitchell Dijks. Transfers for both nearing.

15. When do they know who they meet in the CL quali?

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Several weeks from now. First qualification matches are just beginning

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^ not much demand for slow right fullbacks!!!
    :D

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gio wasnt exactly a speedster either though

20. How did he manage not to be overrun in the Scottish, English and the Spanish league.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #96 Brilliant Dutch, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    I'm not saying he was slow, I'm saying he wasnt exactly a Roberto Carlos, Evra or Cafu either.

I still remember the whining and complaining people did when vMarwijk picked a supposed slow and washed up Gio for WC2010. Gio positioned himself almost flawlessly for the whole tournament and even scored a wonder goal.

My point is you can compensate a lot for a lack of speed by positioning yourself well, and through anticipation

22. I wasnot critisizing your remark, just wondering, especially in the two "ren je rot" leagues.
    But your right about being smart in soccer is a big bonus.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In 2010 Gio got help because of c the double pivot of Van Bommel and de Jong. Asked the left winger did a good job of tracking back. Van Marwijk was able to hide some defensive problems this way.

24. Smart coaches dig deep in the capabilities of the available players like BvM did in 2010 and LvG in 2014 and design a strategy and tactics to fit it. Over the hill coaches like Guus Hidick donot and get the results that come with it.

25. Gio did play the same way at Barcelona and was the only player with a 100% Cl playing time. Barca didnot back him up with a double pivot or defensive running left wing. I think it was Xavi iirc that called Gio the best left back he knows.