Dit is mijn club. - Ajax 2017/2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They will finally settle for Marcelo Bielsa and that will really shake things up.

2. The "Telegraaf" reports about the reason of Bosz leaving that it wasnot the money of BVB that was important. They talk about a conflict as hard as a nail. Telling in the piece is that the gang of 4 completely shut themselves of from Bosz and his assistent:

Niet geld, maar onwerkbaar klimaat drijft trainer naar Dortmund
    Spijkerhard conflict zorgt voor breuk tussen Bosz en Ajax
    Deel via social media:

Bronvermelding
    anp pro shots
    [​IMG]
    Redacteur
    Illustratief voor de situatie bij Ajax. De tandem Hendrie Krüzen met Peter Bosz ligt op een andere lijn dan de rest van de technische staf, onder wie Hennie Spijkerman.
    Auteur
    Marcel van der Kraan
    Publicatie datum
    Gisteren, 03:30
    AMSTERDAM -
    Peter Bosz vertrekt vandaag tegen zijn zin in bij Ajax. De coach van de Amsterdammers wilde het liefst bij de Europa League-finalist blijven en verder bouwen aan een jong elftal, dat in zijn ogen een gouden toekomst heeft. Maar een keihard conflict op de werkvloer, waarbij de leiding van Ajax de coach niet voldoende steunt, is de oorzaak van een breuk na amper twaalf maanden.

Niet het hoge salaris dat hij bij Borussia Dortmund kan opstrijken, maar de weigering van de Amsterdamse club om te breken met een deel van de technische staf dwingt hem om zijn koffers te pakken. Ajax oogstte de afgelopen maanden internationaal lof voor de aanvallende speelwijze die Bosz heeft ingeslepen bij een nieuwe lichting talenten, maar op de achtergrond heerste een volledig onwerkbare situatie binnen de trainersstaf.

Lees ook op telesport.nl:

- Bosz tekent vandaag bij Borussia Dortmund
    - Schmidt voorname kandidaat bij Ajax

Elke topclub werkt in het hedendaagse profvoetbal met een grote staf. Bosz had bij Ajax Hendrie Krüzen, die hem ook bij zijn vorige clubs bijstond, als rechterhand. Daarnaast maken bij Ajax sinds een aantal jaren de inmiddels 66-jarige Hennie Spijkerman, keeperstrainer Carlo l’Ami, hersteltrainer Björn Rekelhof en Dennis Bergkamp deel uit van de technische staf. Maar van chemie tussen die laatste vier aan de ene kant en de extreem aanvallend denkende Bosz en zijn assistent Krüzen aan de andere kant is er geen moment geweest. Het viertal wilde een grote vinger in de pap houden.

Binnen de hele club Ajax werd langzaam maar zeker duidelijk dat het viertal eigen ideeën had en zich afsloot van de hoofdtrainer. Ajax heeft Bosz vorig jaar uitgekozen omdat zijn visie het beste aansloot bij het voetbal en de stijl waar Ajax voor staat. En dus vond Bosz dat zijn visie moest worden gevolgd. Een compromis was er niet.

3. When you read what this guy posted about how things were going on the last 6 months it's amazing Bosz was able to keep on improving the play of the team during that period.

An internal power struggle at Ajax is the reason for Peter Bosz signing a two-year-deal with Borussia Dortmund today. [@telegraaf] pic.twitter.com/4WgN84KJh5

— AjaxDaily (@ajaxdailydotcom) June 6, 2017

Edit: forgot this part.
    Bosz and assistant Krüzen barely communicated with the rest of the staff (Bergkamp, Spijkerman, l'Ami, Rekelhof) during the last 6 months.

— AjaxDaily (@ajaxdailydotcom) June 6, 2017

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^there is a lot of "he said, (s)he said" in all these stories. It's like Kurosawa's great film, "Rashamon"; lots of different things with unusual perspectives depending on who you read (believe???). If there was so much discord over the last six months (this means it started right after the winter break) why did Ajax do so well? Why was Spijkerman still allowed to do the player briefings for the substitutes who were going into the matches? Why wasn't there a player revolt? Why is Bergkamp being elevated in all of this when he has only a marginal role within the organization compared to Keizer, Winter, and other youth trainers?

I think there probably was some dissatisfaction but the media are probably pumping this up. There were other jobs opening up in Germany (Leverkusen for one). Does anyone think Bosz would have jumpe ship for that one?

5. Cause the players only listened to what Peter told them?

6. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=306687
    I would have preferred Erik Ten Hag. For me, he is the best Dutch coach of the new generation. He has charisma and has the same game idea as Guardiola, with a lot of pressing and swapping. I even find him tactically superior to Bosz. Utrecht with average players has been performing very well since his arrival. In addition, he launched many youg players.
    I do not know Keizer very well but it seems to me that he did not perform well in Cambuur, if I am not mistaken. He could have been an assistant. As for Stam, I'm afraid it will bring back the boring football of Frank de Boer.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He only coached Cambuur for the last 10 or so games of the season. They had a horrible team. He has played admirable football with Jong Ajax though.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^^Plus his uncle is Piet Keizer!!!!!

JC-14 repped this.
  9. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    so the four options seem to be Schmidt, Stam, Ten Hag and Keizer, that's a 75% chance on good football next season. :p

Please don't let it be Stam:sick:

10. Uhm, no..he hasnot. He comes across a little bit weird.

11. Voetbal International this week has written about the factions troubles too. I wonder if someone in his right mind and wanted by reputable teams would step in, knowing all this stuff. From different sources now a picture emerges that it will be impossible to create a stable staff without rigurous mesures towards certain people. The role of van der Sar is iffy too, according to the news out till now.
    Well, it's fitting to say Ajax is living in interesting times.

12. Roger Schmid goes to China, so he is off the list.
    Traore probably off to WestHam.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ronald Koeman said Michael Laudrup would be a good choice. He's managing in the Mid-East these days.

14. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Sjaak Swart threw Laudrup as a suggestion as well. And between the uncertainly with Qatar and the star of Ajax I think that Laudrup could be persuaded (given that the main reason he left Europe was because he didn't felt he was going anywhere after his success in Getafe and Swansea)

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Laudrup had Swansea playing attractive football and they competed well given the resources the club had.

16. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Laudrup had a decade-long tax dispute with Ajax - at one point he couldn't travel with Swansea to their Holland training camp for fear of being arrested. It's my impression he's singularly unpopular with the club hierachy, particularly as he ultimately won the case.

Besides, the rumors from his time in Swansea about not coming out for training if it rained and being oddly disengaged in team talks havn't helped his career. I think he's basically given up on coaching and is just in it for the easy oil state money.

(But of course I'd love it if he came)

17. Telegraaf reporter about the Ajax staff conflict in a regional tv programm:

"Bosz heeft de regie gevoerd over wat er in de kranten ging komen. Die verhalen komen natuurlijk uit het kamp van Bosz", vervolgt Driessen. Afgelopen week werden er diverse verhalen gepubliceerd over de situatie van Ajax-assistent Hennie Spijkerman, die niet door een deur kon met Bosz en Krüzen.

"Spijkerman wilde niet meer met Bosz werken. Bosz wilde eigenlijk de hele clan eruit. Toen hij naar Dortmund kon, ging hij veel hardere eisen stellen", weet Driessen. "Spijkerman mocht onder Frank de Boer alles doen, maar Bosz wilde alles zelf doen en hij deed dat ook. Spijkerman voelde zich ontheemd en vroeg zich af: wat doe ik hier nog?"

"Bosz has taken the lead in what was going to be published in the newspapers. These stories are, of course, from Bosz's camp," continues Driessen. Last week, various stories were published about the situation of Ajax assistant Hennie Spijkerman, who could not have a door with Bosz and Krüzen.

"Spijkerman did not want to work with Bosz anymore. Bosz actually wanted to get rid of the whole clan. When he had the opportunity to move to Dortmund he made much tougher demands," said Driessen. "Spijkerman was allowed to do everything under Frank de Boer, but Bosz wanted to do everything himself, and he did. Spijkerman felt displaced and wondered, what am I doing here?"

The red highlighted text is revealing. The better quality of play obviously resulted from that approach, as Spijkerman in charge of those things delivered the boring football you all complained about.

18. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    BEDANKT Davy Klaassen. You were an irreproachable and loyal player at Ajax. I wish you success in Everton.

19. So who's going to score those important goals now?

20. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Everton is his next destination for 30M

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is what REALLY turns me off about club football. There is no loyalty anymore.
    Every player or coach just leaves for whichever club is willing to pay the most money, and who are more likely to win titles.

I dont blame the players or the coaches, because money talks and bullshit walks.
    If I were in their position I'd go for the money as well.

But that still doesnt change the fact the the richest clubs will always have a MASSIVE advantage over everyone else, and thats just not fair competition.

This is also why I will always find international football much more fun to watch because once you picked a country you cannot change it anymore, you're married to that team and thats the way it should be!!

JC-14 repped this.
  22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Klaassen is one of the most loyal players of this generation though. Can only respect him for his mentality.

What pisses me off even more than disloyalty is the unfairness of distribution of money. Real Madrid would get more money losing the group stage of the CL than Ajax would get winning the whole thing. The only possibility for new teams to break into top of the game is with the help of a billionaire literally spending billions on the team. You can barely still call this game a sport. Fair competition has been killed. Eredivisie is guilty of this too btw.

Sybe Pals and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sow how do UEFA & FIFA solve this?? Or do they even want to??

TFC Ajax repped this.
  24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Platini tried with the financial fair play rule but it was never really enforced. It had more to do with teams incurring too much debt. There are two major difficulties: 1) the huge difference in television money and 2) owners who are willing to spend huge amounts of €s. Some leagues such as the Bundesliga do not permit #2 to happen (though Leibzig is skating on thin ice with regard to this). The television money will never be solved for lesser leagues. The Eredivisie games haven't been on any cable or streaming outlet in the US for several years now. ESPN on line use to carry a number of Ajax matches but they gave up probably because the rights cost too much. We had a streaming outlet, NGSN, that lasted just about one year. they had all the Dutch games and a number of other leagues as well. The price was reasonable but I think they were running into money problems (I think the guy who started it was Dutch and they were sponsoring one of the Jupiter League teams). EPL teams start off with €100M or so depending on the exchange rate. This is more than the operating budget of any Dutch team other than the big three.

Barca and Madrid have been raking in television money at the expense of other Spanish teams. Our cable outlet for La Liga only shows Barca and Madrid games and an occasional Athletic Madrid match but that's it. We used to have lots of Italian matches on but those are pretty much gone now as well. We get all EPL matches either streaming or on cable TV every weekend.

I don't see what the Dutch league can do. I know that England televise some Dutch games as does Spain and Russia but that's pretty much it. I would pay money to have a good feed of Ajax matches but right now that's not available. The Eredivisie has to figure out a way to allowing pay per view over the Internet to regions where there is not a commercial outlet. I think they can do this by IP address validation.

Ajax were last Dutch team to be in the top 25 of the Deloitte Money rankings and that was about five years ago. Even crap EPL teams are high ranked than Ajax.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I commend you for your loyalty, but you'd be one of the VERY few who'd pay for that.

I really, really hate the current money set-up.
    Is there no way UEFA can come up with some kind of TV rights or revenue sharing deal??

EDIT: if this was US baseball, the Dodgers, Yankees and Cubs would win the world series hands down every year