Dit is mijn club. - Ajax 2017/2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Weird that the ratings above have Ziyech higher than Neres. Ziyech had so many bad passes while Neres always plays contained. If he can't beat his man he always knows where the outlet player is.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I would be sorely disappointed if in the new few weeks (roughly by the start of second half of this season) Frankie could not secure a starting job. He and V.d Beek are the future of the Dutch NT, and they should be playing week in week out so they can develop their games together.

Kluivert's finishing shots and composure are beyond his age. I hope he too can become one the first names penciled in the starting line-up.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm just hoping that the team can sign him to a real contract. His runs out in June 2019 and Raiola is the agent!! Not good for Ajax.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Amidst the swirling snowflakes in Eschede, Ajax lost what small chance they had of trying to catch up with PSV. A 3-3 draw in a poorly officiated game has to be considered a fair result as both teams were bothered by a slick pitch and numerous chances on both sides to score were missed by wide margins as well as some luck. Keizer was forced to sub of Wöber at the half as he was clear shaken up after being badly undercut by Boere who was not even warned for dangerous play but then this match official was willing to turn a blind eye to a lot of pushing and shoving.

Player Ratings:

Onana (4.5) - made a couple of good saves but was often times unconvincing
    Wöber (5.5) - had to come off at the half
    de Ligt (6) - anchored the three man back line OK
    Veltman (5.5) - had a good opportunity to score hitting the post and was decent enough on defense
    Schöne (6.5) - two nice free kicks and not much else
    F. de Jong (6) - composed on the ball tonight
    Ziyech (3.5) - I'm sorry but when you are paid the big €s, you need to come out and play well
    van de Beek (5) - barely average
    Kluivert (6) - got a goal with the help of a deflection but late in the game couldn't make the big play
    Dolberg (5.5) - had a nice kick shot that was saved and was good on the ball but the team still needs more
    Neres (5.5) - too out of control at times
    Zeefuik (3.5) - woefully out of position on more than one occasion
    S. de Jong (5) - did he even get a single touch coming on for 20 minutes

PSV next week and even with a win, Ajax are still too far back to threaten.

5. Ouch, that are harsh numbers. I'm not sure I agree with them. Let's see what the numbers from AD Sportwereld are going to be.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe so and I look forward to seeing what the Dutch pundits come up with. The club is in bad shape now with injuries to key players but you know all about that with your own club. Ajax management seems more interested in keeping the money in house rather than buying players. Keizer looks to be out of his league as trainer and it won't surprise me if he is sacked at the end of the season. Who do they bring in? Ronald Koeman? Peter Bosz for a return as he looks not to be lasting with Dortmund?

Ziyech reminds me of the Sulejmani purchase back when van Basten took over as trainer; lots of promises but little return for the investment. I won't be surprised if he is sold in January as he is clearly disinterested in playing for Ajax. Some on other Ajax fora said Dolberg should be shipped out as well but I think that's a wrong decision.

7. Looking at the play of both Dolberg and Jörgensen, the latter surprisingly after his long injury absense seems the most lethal and determined one and destined to take the target role in the WC2018 for the Danes. But I would use both with the Totally Hotshit player behind them. That would give defenders a crippling head ache. The Danes are my dark horse for the WC.

Orange14 repped this.
  8. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I would love to see Bosz back for the next season, but I doubt the egos that be will allow that.

9. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    We'll kick them out of the WC!!

10. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Is either Bergkamp or Bosz, both can't work together.

Antario2 repped this.
  11. @Orange14
    The AD figures arenot that much flattering either:
    FC Twente – Ajax 3-3
    FC Twente: Brondeel 6; Ter Avest 6, Bijen 6, Hooiveld 6, Thesker 7.5, Cuevas 6.5; Holla 6 (73. Van der Lely -), Liendl 5, Jensen 6.5; Assaidi 6.5 (80. Slagveer -), Boere 6.5 (90. Kvasina -).
    Ajax: Onana 5; Veltman 5, De Ligt 5,5, Wöber 6 (46. Zeefuik 5); Van de Beek 5, Schöne 6,5, F. de Jong 6,5, Ziyech 4,5; Neres 5, Dolberg 5,5 (82. S. de Jong-), Kluivert 5,5.
    Arbiter: Higler 4,5.
    Man of the Match: Met een schitterende treffer bracht Stefan Thesker zijn ploeg weer op gelijke hoogte met Ajax. Ook verdedigend was de Duitser ijzersterk. Af en toe over het randje, maar voorop in de strijd. Zo bracht Thesker als een echte aanvoerder het geloof terug bij FC Twente.

[​IMG]
    Stefan Thesker. © ANP Pro Shots

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^pretty darn close to my marking of the match. Glad to see that they gave Higler a low rating. He was a very bad match official.

13. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Per Schuurs to Ajax. Great recruiting and nice succession planning for De Ligt (which I hope staying around for at least couple of years).

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^I'm still crushed by this and this season for me ended on that day when he collapsed.:(

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm pleasantly surprised you care about Ajax so much since AFAIK you never grew up in NL, right??

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My father had cousins who lived in Amsterdam and they took him to one of the 1974 WC matches when he was over visiting. I started following the club a couple of years before.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Like I said, you never grew up in NL. I think thats impressive since you have so much passion that even exceeds the best of Ajax (or Dutch Oranje) fans.

You need to be commended my friend, you have 10X more passion and patriotism that many of us have.

Cheers!!

EDIT: not when it comes to Oranje though, I will DIE for my country!!!!

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Orange14 repped this.