Dit is mijn club. - Ajax 2017/2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We are up in Hudson, New York for a wedding ( just got back to the inn after a fun evening. I missed today's game so no player ratings.

2. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Huntelaar and Dolberg should not play at the same time but without a European season there are simply not enough games to keep them both happy. I fear this system with two attackers is more down to locker room politics and financial concerns than the prefered option of the coach. Keizer does not seem in control.

Oranje98 repped this.
  3. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It should be just a rotation between both of them, with Frenkie De Jong starting with De Beek in the midfield. They are both a joy to watch. Same goes with Neres and Kluivert as both play really well and create chances. I prefer Kluivert though.

4. It was amazing to see how many opportunities to shoot that awful playing PEC still managed to get.
    With Bosz the shaky start was due to getting players out of the straightjacket system they played in for 4 years. With Keizer there is something else going on. The youth coming in are used to play the way Bosz did under the guidance of Keizer, so should fit in without a hitch.

5. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thing is all four of those players should be starters this season. Sell Dolberg while he still has value, use Huntelaar/Sierhuis and bench Younes for Neres/Kluivert.

Oranje98 repped this.
  6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Serhuis is still recovering from both shoulder and knee injuries and is only now back in training. No word on when he will be playing in matches. Meanwhile, Casseria is lighting up the goal for Jong Ajax; two goals yesterday and also hit the post. Kluivert may not be with Ajax past this season as his agent is Raiola and we know what happens to players under him.

7. pfloyd

pfloyd Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Varna, Bulgaria
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Some great runs and passes from Frenkie. Ziyech is trying hard too, but unfortunately at things he's not good at - dribbling and taking free kicks. Not sure at all about Kluivert. Huntelaar could and should give more. Hope we'll score at least one more to avoid a nail-biting final.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How did the ball not go into the net in the first minute of extra time? Ajax created chances galore but could not find the finishing touch. Before going any further, let's hope that Ricardo Kishna is OK. It would be a shame if he has yet another knee injury.

What was Dijks doing on the long cross that ended up with an ADO goal. It looked to me that he thought it was going out into touch and just stood there ball watching, letting the ADO player get the ball (I think it was our former youth player Sheraldo Beker who saved it). Just awful!!!

Cannot complain about the number of chances that were created; Ajax should have had at least four goals given the openings that they had.

Player Ratings:

Onana (6) - some very erratic decision making today and almost got caught out twice
    Dijks (4) - very poor performance
    Viergever (7) - solid match both defensively and bringing the ball forward
    de Ligt (6.5) - really bad error early on getting turned too far up the pitch but solid after that
    Veltman (7) - fine match for a change
    de Jong (7) - good enough to start the next match
    van de Beek (6) - just a bit above average
    Ziyech (6.5) - equally outstanding and disappointing; some great passing and some awful passing
    Younes (6.5) - played decently not trying to force the ball when he didn't have an opening
    Huntelaar (6) - looked tired after the 60th minute and perhaps Dolberg should have come on
    Kluivert (6) - deserved Yellow card for diving but otherwise OK
    Neres (6) - flip a coin about whether he or Kluivert should start; I see little difference between the two
    Schöne (5.5) - didn't create much coming on for the final 10 minutes
    Dolberg (NR) - not on long enough though he did have a half try on goal.

Cup match mid-week against SVV Shevenigen and then home to Vitesse in the league. Club needs to score goals plain and simple.

9. [​IMG]
    Marcel Keizer © ANP Pro Shots
    Keizer: Voelde de gelijkmaker aankomen

10. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Frenkie de Jong is the only Dutch player who can become world class IMHO.

Oranje98 repped this.
  11. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I have also a high expectation of Jeremy Helmer from AZ.

12. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would add Van de Beek, too.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    His quickness is questionable.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax cup match against SVV Shevenigen, scheduled for tomorrow, will be played at ADO's stadium with no away supporters permitted. The concern is that the potential for problems at railway stations as ADO supporters will be traveling to Rotterdam for their match against Feyenoord. Weird stuff happening.

15. It wouldnot be a good idea if those two met at the station. It's a beautiful historic building. The ADO supporters/hooligans havenot forgotten how Ajax hooligans years ago attacked their supporters home, when there were only kids and geriatrics present, but still beat up those in that home.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^That's the reason for the ban.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Easy Beker win against Schevenigen. 1-5 is the final score though some poor finishing from Ajax kept the visitor's score down. Dolberg ended with a hat trick and played some nice football. Neres drew a penalty in the box and was denied a goal as he didn't quite beat his marker who slid the ball into the net for an OG.

Player ratings:

van Leer (6) - had hardly anything to do and the goal conceded was another one resulting from poor defending
    Viergever (6) - spent most of his time in the offensive end
    Wöber (6) - don't know if he is a LB or central defender, had a decent game
    Veltman (6) - played in the middle for the first time in over a year
    Orejuela (6) - OK match but the quality of the opponent was poor so we don't know how well he can defend
    Schöne (6) - decent enough going the full 90
    Eiting (6) - got a good run out in the MF
    S de Jong (6.5) - nice headed in goal and some decent passing in the MF
    Cerny (5) - weakest player on the pitch for Ajax, missed on a golden chance to score and his passing was sub par
    Dolberg (7) - nice game despite getting hacked every time the ball came to him
    Neres (6) - a little too lackadaisical on the ball for me
    Zeefuik (NR) - on late for Veltman and I can't remember him getting a touch

Back to the league on Sunday hosting Vitesse

18. They probably come fuming after their humiliation in Amsterdam today.

19. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Haven't you seen his rushes last week and how easily he ran past players?

20. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I don't see in him a potentially world-class player.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You need to consider the opponent. ADO is not a particularly quick team and beating their players is not the same thing is playing against France and doing the same thing. time will tell about de Jong, van de Beek, Kluivert, and de Ligt. Right now one cannot say that they are world class players.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can we please fire Bosz already??

Because this is going nowhere

23. Think people grosly underestimate the impact of Nouri's situation has on his youth team mates. Think it will take a long part of the season for the young kids to come to terms with it.

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's certainly a factor. I only saw the first half as we had a party to attend this morning. Worst half of football that I've seen in some time. It looks like de Ligt will be out for some weeks now with a bad concussion (he was particular poor before the injury) so I imagine Veltman will move back to the middle. What was more troubling is the passing and positioning was just awful. Dijks was at fault on both goals that I saw and Overmars should take the heat for not finding a LB during the transfer period. Today it looked like nobody wanted to play football.

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why? He has Dortmund at top of the Bundesliga!!!!:cool: I guess it was a smart move to leave Ajax last spring.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.