dissapeared 20'x30' US Flag

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Brushes Sand, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    We have at least 5 large red rubbermaid storage bins in Storage at SF.

I don't know where to begin with this. In addition to being factually wrong you do know Fonsos was the original BB1871/Fire Supporters events coordinator? You do know Fonsos was the one who laid all the groundwork and most followup for the prematch party at Ginger's the night before, and the whole coordination with USSF on tifo, supporters' seating, arranging with security,etc? That he wasn't "appointed" lead coordinator by anyone because any Chicago fan with half an ounce of sense knows he was the only logical choice to come out of retirement and handle this magnitude of an event? But you've been to godknowshowmany games in Section 8 so of course you would.

While the last statement is hardly for certain (who knows what would have happened), the first (re: the USSF) couldn't be more wrong if you had attributed it to a duckbill platypus.

How about we lock this sucker and just let people take care of it before it blows up uneccesarily any further? I cannot comprehend the aversion some here have to a modern device called a PHONE and actually call someone they know involved in the matter or at USSF; or why people believe so much more is accomplished by bitching on a message board.

2. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    I'll pitch in to buy a new one if the current one isn't recovered. :)

Hey, it's the least an LA fan could do. It's not like the HDC will ever get a WCQ.

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
  4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greddy please clean out your pm box!

Thanks

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I left this open in the hopes that there might be some more actual factual data but it just continues to be a dumping place for people who have no idea what they are talking about to speak up and show their ignorance.

Here is what I believe is happening now.
    Fid is/has contacted the Soccer House to see if someone there knows something (Fid I'm pretty sure Mike Squire was the guy who helped me fold the flag).
    Tonight Myself, Liam and anyone else who feels like it will talk to Fonsos at the Storm game to see what he knows about the whole situation. Sorry to dissapoint but this will be done in a civil, respectful manner. The entire situtation should have been handled as such.
    I would further suggest that the person who sent the flag to Fonsos also get in direct contact with him regarding this issue as it's obvious that Fonsos should be accountable to that person. This entire event (the flag missing) was more or less news to us until this thread started so all this bs about chicago people being a disgrace for not doing this or doing that is just a load of bs and anyone who said such might want to brush their teeth so their breath doesn't smell from spewing it. We all care about the BBAF and will do our best to find it and get it on its way. Any more information that we get from Fonsos we will post here so that those who are so imotionally involved can put their mind at ease. Thanks to Brushes Sand for bringing the problem to the attention of the people in Chicago despite doing it in an absolute horrendous and unnecessary manner. Thanks to those whos comments actually had something to do with the flag. Hopefully we can find the damn thing and get it where it belongs. If someone has more information or questions about the thread being locked or whatever they can PM. Please don't PM me bitching about this or that because I will just delete that nonesense.

6. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    The Flag has been located.
    Mike Squire, the guy who helped me fold it has it and is sending it to Fidlerre so it will be at the Qualie on the 17th (as will I!).

Thanks to Fid for calling soccer house and following through.
    Thanks to Mike for taking care of the flag all this time.
    In the future I would suggest that whoever has the flag be sure that whoever they send the flag to claims complete responsibility for passing it on to the next person.