Dispersion Draft Rankings

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Blando13, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK Chivas Fans ... help the rest of us out and send out some rankings or maybe player blurbs regarding teh Dispersion Draft ... you can just do the players you think would be picked (I'm assuming not all 30 players would). You can omit Cubo too since it sounds like he'll not be available. Just wondering how DEEP this draft will be and what quality will be like with some of the younger players.

Thanks!

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't this only apply to players with a contract longer than Dec 2014?

3. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and No. Players no longer under contract can be picked in this draft. A team would essentially be obtaining his MLS rights and the ability to negotiate with that player (competing with the rest of the world for that player and not other MLS teams I guess). If that player left the league and came back, the team that got him in the dispersion draft would own his "rights" I believe.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, sort of like the re-entry draft.

I imagine the order would be like the Superdraft, by worst to first by points. Orlando or NYC gets 1st picks?

Would Kennedy be the consensus #1?

5. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure I'd assume it would be the same order as the Superdraft ... it could be the current (before it resets after the playoffs) allocation order. The reason I say this is that it would be like this group of players coming back to MLS after leaving and playing abroad. These players are not college players without experience. I have no clue, but I know that it's probably best not to assume that you know what MLS will do. The Superdraft and Allocation order are the same when the Allocation order resets (not positive when that is exactly). But it sounds like they're going to do this dispersion draft prior to the playoffs concluding so who knows.

Yeah, I would assume Kennedy is the consensus #1. Eric Avila is rumored (maybe official?) to be going to Liga MX. Other than that, I don't know. I think players like Marvin Chavez, Oswaldo Minda, Nigel Reo-Coker, Bobby Burling, Jhon Hurtado among others will have some demand. Young players like Jean-Baptiste, McNamara, Tyrpak, Toia, Finley, Dunn, Delgado, Calvert, Barrera will also have a chance to get chosen. Foreign guys new to the league I'm not sure about, Bolanos, Borja, Kaji, Lochhead, Pelletieri. Not sure mainly due to contract status. As far as ranking them based on talent/potential, I'm not really sure ... didn't see many Chivas USA games this year.

6. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Current allocation order (I think).
    1. FC Dallas
    2. LA Galaxy
    3. Vancouver
    4. Chicago
    5. San Jose
    6. Montreal
    7. Colorado
    8. New England
    9. Chivas USA
    10. D.C. United
    11. New York
    12. Toronto
    13. Portland
    14. Real Salt Lake
    15. Sporting KC
    16. Philadelphia
    17. Seattle
    18. Houston
    19. Columbus

7. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't think it will be via allocation. they will part of the available players in the next draft. ALL players have a contract with MLS. Even if they have years left its with MLS not CUSA. If I remember correctly when this happened in the past Tamp and Miami they were just in the regular draft

8. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be a seperate dispersal draft not associated with the regular draft of college players. It will also be seperate than the "RE Entry" draft (draft for players with MLS contracts but their current clubs "released" them). There literally couldn't be more drafts this offseason (actually, with MLS, there could be). They had a dispoersal draft when they contracted Tampa and Miami that was not a part of the regular draft. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_MLS_Dispersal_Draft

Going Mobile repped this.