Disney Vacation Club?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by fidlerre, Mar 31, 2012.

1. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Just curious if anyone here is a member of the Disney Vacation Club?

Since we visit the Walt Disney World report at least once a year, if not twice, we've thought it might be a sound investment instead of a timeshare somewhere else. Especially with a infant daughter who will be taking to the park for the next 15-20 years. And I personally find the Disney brand is a pretty reputable one that will hold its value over the life of the ownership...

I've done a fair amount of research, but nothing beats the opinions of members.

2. abbyleon

abbyleon New Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Note that these dollars will give you the right to use a DVC points each year for 50 years in the future.

The 160 points you can spend up to 11 consecutive nights in a Studio Villa Savanna View (which is comparable to a standard room) in the Villas Kingdom of animals. This 11 days each year.

Precise consumption point varies depending on the time of the year, days of the week, the resort, the category of room reserved and other factors. This is just one example. Were our points DVC to reserve a 1200sq ft, two bedroom villas that accommodate up to 9 persons.

All property of the DVC ends at some time in the future (date depends on the site.) Some consider this to be negative, but can also be positive. For many people, this does not mean leaving potentially unwanted timeshare for heirs to deal. It also means that You (or heirs) will not pay for maintenance and maintenance centers, which are 80-100 years.

They are less expensive ways to buy DVC other than paying $ 17k. DVC actually sells the contract just 100 points in selected countries. This should cost in the $ 10,000. Whether you go by resale and buy even smaller contract.

Although conditions are especially tempting, DVC funded will also direct purchase.The initial purchase of 160 points will run you about $ 250 per month when financed over 10 years after 10 years you pay only the annual fee, which currently run $ 5/04 for the point.

The initial purchase is a big obligation to comply. However, when this amount pays you're on holiday for cents per dollar. Going back to my original example, 160 points can You 11 days in the Studio, villas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas. With an annual contribution of $ 5 per point, with the cost of the pockets of these 11 days is only 800 dollars or 72 dollars per night. Guests in cash does not reach peace See Savanna for anywhere near that price. ...

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recently started to look at this as well. I might rent DVC points first to get a feel for the benefits before investing so heavily.

fidlerre repped this.
  4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    We're going to check it when we're down at Disney in a few weeks. Take a tour of the models and get some feedback - they've been extremely helpful over the phone and explaining all our options. Only time will tell I guess whether it's the best value for us or not.

5. theexplorateur

theexplorateur New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    New Jersey
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aby can you please brief me about DVC Resorts. I am planning to go their with my family.