Dish World Sports and Cycling

Discussion in 'Cycling' started by JasonMa, Mar 19, 2014.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mentioned this on another thread but wanted to post it here for anyone needing more cycling coverage.

Get a Roku and sign up for Dish World Sport (and right now if you pay for 4 months up front you can get 50% off a Roku 3)
    https://www.dishworld.com/sports

You get:
    One World Sports
    beIn Sports (in HD)
    beIn Sports Espanol
    Universal Sports
    Nautical Channel

for $10 a month. They also throw in 13 English-language non-sports channels like Bloomberg, Euronews, and France 24. This is great for me (and anyone else) with Comcast as I only get beIn in SD and I have no access to Universal.

Using their interface on the Roku or my iPad I can search for cycling and find every listing for the past 8 days and in the future (as far as they've loaded the channel guide). Once it airs I can watch it at any time for 8 days. So far we've watched T-A and have Catalyuna, Milan-San Remo, and E3 Harelbeke in the queue for the next couple of weeks. I can also go back and watch Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne if I want.

Plus One World shows Asian soccer and beIn of course has a number of European leagues.

2. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How does it compare to someone who has directv and is looking for a cheaper alternative?