DISH vs DirecTV

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by CG, Sep 26, 2003.

1. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    join the club. Welcome to BigSoccer.

2. SignGuyDino

SignGuyDino New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    I have DISH and I'm pretty happy with it. I was able to get the second smaller dish for free because they are required to for 2 local channels I couldn't get for the main dish. It just happened to also give me (for free) the coupler. Now I have the dish requirements needed for HDTV without getting SuperDish. If I had a tuner and a HDTV I'd be set.

DN's current deal is $1049 for a 43" HDTV widescreen tv with tuner and superdish. I'm only like $1,000 short.

I only wish there was a FSWHD. I've just seen a snippet of a live MLS game from Columbus on HDNet, and the picture was unfreaking believable. God Bless Mark Cuban!

If you HAVE to get NFL Direct Ticket or MLB extra innings, go with Directv. But you can get the MLS bar package for $100, I think. Not bad at all.

3. gunner's fan

gunner's fan New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Elizabeth WV
    Dish is really hit or miss on the Setanta offerings.Last year I got the FA Package for $49.95 including the Final.This year tthey haven't offered any FA Cup matches at all.Also they don't have as many England National Team matches as Direct Tv.But you can't go wrong with 4-5 La Liga and 2-3 Serie A matches each weekend on Gol TV.Also the South American Leagues are pretty good.I've become a Penarol fan so much I think I'll also get the Spanish package for the COPA Libertadores.I wonder if Gol TV became as available as FSW would FSW consider showing the EPL PPV games on FSW instead?