Discussion of Forum Rules and Guidelines

Discussion in 'MLS Referee Forum' started by RedStar91, Mar 22, 2015.

1. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #1 RedStar91, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    Moderator's note: This discussion began on this match thread and was moved to its own thread later.

Is it really necessary to have a separate thread for this?

2. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    Didn't see a thread for this match or discussion on main board. Forum guidelines say "All discussion regarding incidents related to a particular match, including pre-game and post-game incidents, must take place in the thread specific to that match."

3. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Would the 2015 MLS Referee and Assignments General Discussion thread not have sufficed for that incident?

4. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    The play is a specific match incident. Before this sub-forum was created all MLS related stuff usually ended up in a single thread in the main forum. I think one of the reasons for creating this sub forum was to break out discussion by match? Anyway I don't see any other match specific stuff in the assignments general discussion thread.

JasonMa repped this.
  5. La Rikardo

La Rikardo Moderator

May 9, 2011
    nj
    GreatGonzo, sjquakes08 and JasonMa repped this.
  6. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Well that's stupid. You're gonna ending up clogging the forum up unnecessarily by creating individual threads for minor incidents.

I think that should change. The general thread was perfectly fine for situations like this. If moe people wanted to discuss then you create a separate thread.

7. La Rikardo

La Rikardo Moderator

May 9, 2011
    nj
    The reason we made this change was because some users complained that match results were being spoiled in the General Discussion thread. By separating general discussion from individual match discussion, users can enjoy general discussion while avoiding match results.

If this sub-forum hadn't been created, I'd agree with you that requiring that discussion of individual matches occur in individual match threads would clog up the forum. But since this sub-forum is exclusively for discussion of refereeing in MLS, most discussion will be time-sensitive and so it's unlikely that any given thread will have continuous activity for longer than a week or two.

This is the reasoning behind the creation of this sub-forum and the rules and guidelines of the sub-forum. If you'd like to discuss this in greater detail, please feel free to send me a private message.

Bradley Smith and sjquakes08 repped this.
  8. Bradley Smith

Bradley Smith Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Also, it gives us one place to go for discussion. Whoever posts initially may only reference one incident, but others could chime in with other stuff worthy of discussion. Other than the Manneh challenge, you could discuss the injury to Adekugbe, the time wasting by Vancouver and how it was dealt with by Gonzalez, the physicality of the challenges early and the battles with Kaka. Who knows what could ultimately end up in the thread, but it helps to have them all together in one match-specific place.

9. La Rikardo

La Rikardo Moderator

May 9, 2011
    nj
    All involved: I've moved the discussion regarding forum rules/guidelines to a new thread so this discussion can continue separately from discussion of the Orlando City vs Vancouver match.

@RedStar91 @threeputzzz @Bradley Smith

10. sjquakes08

sjquakes08 Member+

Jun 16, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the way we've been doing it is perfect. Yes, it's annoying to have small incidents clutter up the main board, but considering this entire sub forum is designated to MLS, having a different thread for every game is great.

GoDawgsGo repped this.