Discovery Swap Details Promised for 4 PM

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Jul 29, 2002.

1. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I am a big fan of Bergin...but methinks his "sources" are yanking his chain.

2. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    In DC we prefer the Orange Traffic Cone - OTC for short.

We figure you put it in front of the net and it is as likely to score as Lassiter.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait. I know. This is all a huge practical joke, right?

HAHAHAHA

OK guys, yeah, funny one. Now please, be serious.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That has to be the case. I mean he knows enough about MLS to look at our roster and see that Lassiter really just doesn't fit in at all. I mean, at least you would hope so. God almighty.
    There is no way that can be true. Our front office cannot possibly be that dumb.

5. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    What about taking Gazza and dropping Kiwi?

6. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    LMAO :D And I thought DC fans were without a sense of humor ;)

And the LAST thing the Crew needs is ANOTHER forward. Heck, Edson Buddle, one of the top U20s in the US, can't even get onto the field. If Lassiter does come to the Crew, he BETTER bring a nice seat cushion (and a riot helmet as Crew fans will NOT care for him wearing the yellow and black)

7. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just thought that I would quote this seeing as how I've lost faith in our front office.

[Jim_Smith_thinking] People like goals. More goals mean more people. Forwards score goals. More forwards means more goals. Therefore more forwards means more people. More people means more money!! Good lord I'm a friggin' genious.... Now if I could just get this damn whack-a-mole game working! [Jim_Smith_thinking]

8. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot this:

[Jim_Smith_talking] Money! Money! Money! Money! Money! Money! Money![Jim_Smith_talking]

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Know what? You may not be far off Raoul. It was overheard by a college head coach at a Crew practice...Drulus was telling him he wants to trade him. Cunningham is our best bet to get anybody decent. But, that was Greg in a yelling spout. jeff doesn't want to go anywhere. I trust this source completely.

10. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Sure diddley-ure we could use another forward. We might not have a spot for Roy, but I'm sure he'll get a chance like everybody should-diddley-ould...

11. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Gazza is pulling a typical spoiled brat routine and has said he will only play for DC.

Also, and God knows how to find it, I think the league prohibits dropping a SI any time other than the off-season. I remember something about the Metros trying to drop one of their FWDs lsat year or the year before and the league told them no until after the season.

12. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Well then...fcuk him. Might as well fcuk DC while were at it ;)

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He and Ray are simpatico.

Which is fine, nothing wrong with picking a team based on your relationship with the coach.

Anyway, you really think Gascoigne would pay attention to anything Andrulis said?

Please.

That was because it was a Tuesday after the first Monday after Shrove Thursday between the full moons and the vernal equinox. Plus, the Metros had already used their "alley-alley-in-free" discoveryallocationassignmentdraftdispersalselection on somebody else.

Can't you keep this stuff straight?

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Kryptonite_laughing[
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    [Kryptonite_laughing]

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you suck-diddly-*********, flanders...errr.. i mean Smith.

16. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    This Lassiter thing has to be complete BS. I mean, this guy was on waivers until a couple days before we played them in RFK. If we wanted him so badly, we would've gone for him then. Granted, this is the Crew brass we're talking about here, but they can't really be this stupid can they?? Trading Bonseu is dumb enough, but would they really add a 5th forward to a team, that is WAY past his productive years?