Directv Now

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by InterFan76, Jan 9, 2018.

1. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is Bein Sports,EspnDeportes,Goltv and FoxDeportes available on the Directv Now streaming service?

2. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Fubo Latino has: Univisión, UniMás, Univisión Deportes, beIN Sports, beIN Sports en Español, Fox Deportes, GolTV, TyC Sports.

Sling Latino has: Univisión, UniMás, Univision Deportes, beIN Sports, beIN Sports en Español, ESPN Deportes.

5. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How reliable is FuboTV? Also is there a package for just the sports channels or do you have to get other channels?

6. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I've had fuboTV now for a few months. It's been very reliable but they crashed during the South American WC Qualifiers that were shown on beINSports. Not once but the last 3 rounds of qualifiers. Other services have had problems too during heavy traffic times. Overall, streaming is good to save money but it's just not quite there yet if you easy get pissed off at technical difficulties.

As for programming, for $39.99 per month, fubo gives you what I consider the best soccer programming options. You get FS1, FS2, FoxSoccer-Plus, Fox Deportes, NBCSN, NBC Universo, Eleven Sports, Univision Deportes, beIN-1, beIN-ñ and all of the beIN-CONNECT channels 2-10 (they show up like any other channel so not just a right to watch on your computer via authentication). Also available are 3 of the 4 major networks (no ABC which is a bummer); CNBC and a good selection of non-soccer channels such as USA, History, FX, Fox News, etc. (66 channels on my guide not counting beIN-CONNECT which are part-time).

GOL-TV and TyCSports are not included in the "Premier Package" which I described above. For that you would need to add the "Latino" package.

One last thing, fuboTV does include DVR functionality. very easy to click on future shows (especially using their website) to record (limit 10 shows). And as a soccer fan, you have to appreciate their on-screen guide specifically for soccer.

Hope that helps,
    SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks a lot me and my wife are trying to figure out what’s the best streaming for what we watch. We are currently looking at Directv Now since we like Directv but the actual satellite service is getting too expensive. Surprising that Bein Sports isn’t offered on Directv Now though. For actual provider they have the best for soccer but lack in that on their streaming platform.

8. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Fubotv doesn't offer ESPN channels. I have playstation vue and fubo latino for bein channels. I don't use fubo much and found it frustrating when I did use it, but not much lately. As mentioned, they had some crashes during big events but El Classico went fine (maybe 7 am start had something to do with it). The most frustrating thing for me is that you have to wait a while after the event ends to play the dvr and even then sometimes it doesn't work so I just wait until the next day. Given the choice, I recommend PS Vue over fubo. With PS Vue, you set up recording PL or Bundesliga game once and with fubo you have to record every game individually. It was a sad day when they dropped bein sports.

9. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    One question specifically about this: You say that it offers the bein connect channels like linear channels, as opposed to how it looks online. Can you use the DVR function on those channels or is it only on the television channels?

10. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    You can dvr bein connect channels on fubotv. The only thing is that connect channels are available on their premier package. I really liked that when I was on trial for their top package.

KensingtonSC repped this.
  11. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for your insight.

12. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    That's huge, actually. I know it's expensive, but I've been clamoring for connect to be able to do on demand viewing. I want to see where Serie A rights are going, and if they stay with bein, I may consider going this route.

13. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    The biggest advantage to any of the streaming services is that they are all on a 30-day basis. No long term contracts that we had to deal with with satellite and cable. Gives you a choice to test and not commit.

One last thing, it's well known that ESPN will be launching their own streaming service in the Spring. Not sure how that will affect current providers that offer their channels. Their price point is also a big question. Based on their ESPNWatch App, I expect a very professional and great service. Hopefully it will be affordable as it will likely be a good compliment to a service like fuboTV that pretty much has everything a soccer fan needs - except ESPN.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

KensingtonSC repped this.
  14. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    That's always a positive, and I'm OK paying for OTT service if I know I'll actually be able to use it.

The one thing that I'm really hoping for from the new ESPN streaming platform is that it will either continue to be combined with my current cable subscription, or keep it a reasonable price for having a cable subscription. With the rumors that it will host stuff like MLB.tv and MLS Live, which I already pay for, I'm really looking forward to seeing if it all comes under one umbrella and I'll only have to pay one flat fee.

15. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Does anyone know if FuboTV supports the secondary audio (SAP) on the Spanish BeIN channel? I might drop the Spanish language pack on my cable which I use to get that channel so I can watch all the non-Schoen/Hudson/Cordero/Bonetti La Liga matches with English commentary.

16. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    From my memory the last time I used Fubo, they do...