DirecTV internet

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by MetroChile, Feb 2, 2017.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    hi, guys.

Just wondering if anyone has internet through DirecTV and if so, what has your experience been like?

Regards and thanks in advance for any information.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 Kryptonite, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Since DirecTV is now owned by AT&T, they'll probably try to sell you U-Verse internet.

It works just as good as any other. I don't have DTV, but I'd imagine it's similar. Here's my U-Verse experience: You get a modem/router from AT&T. In addition to the price, there's a small rental fee, but there should be many promotions available at any time. With a promotion, I think I'm paying about $20-30 per month for 24Mbps internet. I called in about a month ago to renew my promotions and they said my old 12Mbps internet was no longer around, so they upped me to 24 at the price for 12.

They do support two networks, such as one for you "MetroChile" and one ("MetroChileGuest") that can't access the "behind the scenes" stuff if you need such.

With that said, I'm almost certain they won't let you buy your router via a third party seller if that's your thing.

They have a newer thing called GigaFiber which is comparable to Google Fiber. This is still being deployed and may not be in your area.

And of course if your mobile phone is via AT&T, ask about bundle offers. They also have U-Verse phone if you have the legacy landline. They're trying to get me on that, but due to the alarm system, it may not be the smartest move with the battery backup only lasting for three(*) hours of use.

(*)As I found out last night, different makes/models may go as high as six, but it seems the common/average time is three hours.

In terms of soccer? With a DirecTV or U-Verse account, you'd get the usual apps like NBC, WatchESPN, etc.

MetroChile repped this.