Directions to Rose Bowl?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by FlashMan, Aug 30, 2002.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please don't steer me to the Colisseum!! ;)

If I'm in Griffith Park on Sat. afternoon or somewhere in the Holllywood area, what's the best way to the Rose Bowl?

By memory I figure it's 10 East to 5 North to Pasadena Freeway (the 210?) to some sort of exit ramp to "follow the signs to the Rose Bowl"?

Can anyone confirm and/or fill in the gaps?

Thanks.

2. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are at Griffith, don't go near the 10 :p

Jump on the 134 East. You'll go through Glendale then up a bit of a hill. Just before the 134 East turns into the 201 East, you take the Linda Vista exit. Follow the signs to the RB from there.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks PZ. How long - given "average" LA traffic conditions on a late Saturday afternoon - should this take? 30 minutes? 45?

Thanks again.

And o yea: If I do end up near the 10 before heading to the RB, were my directions more or less accurate?

4. HeretiC

HeretiC New Member

Jan 29, 2000
    LA, CA
    I think it's a typo in PZ's directions - it should be the 210 not the 201.

If you are near the 10 you can catch the 5 north, but from there you should follow PZ's directions. The 210 does meet up with the 5 north, but you'll be out in the boonies. The 134 will take you on a more direct route to the 210.

Or, from the 5 north you can take the 110 north and exit on Orange Grove, make a left and take that past the 210 and follow the herd to the Rose Bowl. You'll probably have to drive 2-5 miles on the streets, but you'll get to see how the other half lives.

5. solrac9

solrac9 New Member

Oct 26, 2000
    Alhambra,CA
    maybe you should check a map or risk ending up in Burbank (eek)

6. stopper

stopper Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Rancho Cucamonga
    FlashMan, good to see that you're in town. I'm the guy that fed you at the Gold Cup. Remember me? Make sure you get there early enough to party with the Squad in Lot B.

7. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Flash, if you're around Griffith Park on a Saturday it's only about 10-15 minutes to get to the Rose Bowl. From Hollywood, it's about a 30 minute drive to the RB.

8. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D'oh!!! Yes, 210 not 201, you'll be in New Mexico some time Sunday morning if you are looking for the 201. :(

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made it; had a great time. Sorry stopper, couldn't stop by, my lady was having a big time problem with her heel after much walking throughout the city during the day, and couldn't walk much by then, so we headed straight to our seats.

Great night at the Rose Bowl. Really enjoyed it. The mountains about the '20 minute mark were magical. So was Carlos, Cobi and the gang.

It was hilarious watching Mathis, Big Mama & Co. squabble with each other like children ang generally lay down like dogs. Rodrigo "I need a 100 shots to score 1" Faria lived up to his name. Nice tackle by Ziadie.

Hope to make it up again for the playoffs.

ps. O yea. The directions from Griffiths Park were basically spot on, though from our part of Griffiths Park we had to pick up the 5 for a mile before picking up the 210, but it was a very quick jaunt.