Dipsy leading african goalscorer

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by IlliniFire, Nov 16, 2004.

1. IlliniFire

IlliniFire New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Urbana, Illinois
    I was checking WCQ stats today, and our own Dipsy Selolwane leads the african qualifying zone with 5 goals... Botswana is just 2 points behind group leaders Guineau... How great would it be to see dipsy in the world cup??

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How great would it be if he scored for the fire in some MLS games.

3. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fanaddict: always the shining light of optimism and enthusiasm.

How about some props for Dipsey, and hope for a great career- club AND country.

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fanaddict --A dose of reality to those wearing rose colored glasses.

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Reality is he is playing well for his country and is a part of our club and any fan worth his salt would compliment on his accomplishments with his national team.

A simple, "good point Es Brennt, I'm happy he is doing well and I hope he will transfer that back to our team" would have been appriate in reality. But the reality is you can be a real grade A jackass (and yes I can be too). Reality.

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point Es Brennt. I'm glad he is playing well for his country and hope next year he can score more than the two goals he scored all year in MLS games for the Fire.

7. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    :D
    If I had any rep left to give you would have it.

8. Furia Yanqui

Furia Yanqui New Member

May 15, 2003
    USA
    Good for Dipsy and good for MLS and the Fire. From what I have seen, he has skill.

But Fanaddict is still right. Dipsy has not done much for the Fire. Any other players have more goals for their country than their club?

It would be great for the USA if Botswana qualified and somehow got drawn into the USA's group in Germany. If Dipsy is the best player that the Botswanans have, then they are no match for the USA!

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    He hasn't been a prolific goal scorer for the Fire. That is correct. But he is very responsible for us getting to the US Open Cup final. So to say he 'hasn't done much' is a bit of an understatement to say the least.

But I agree, it would be great if the US could play Botswana. They would theoretically be a cakewalk. Of course soccer is an odd game. yada yada.