Diouf's comments

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by lackadaisical, Sep 11, 2004.

1. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    Perhaps Diouf speaks the truth, and Benitez saw that the club was divided and that influenced some transfer decisions.

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I'm curious too. I'd love to hear more from those who follow the club closely.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
  4. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I just realised this was an interview given to the S*n.

Huh...our most expensive flop of all time gets sacked and then bitches about the club to that rag of a paper...good job, Diouf!!

5. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    Yea, that is what I am talking about. Regardless of where the comments were made, they still could hold some truth.

6. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Diouf is such a whining b^stard, even if it's the truth, why speaks now? What is he trying to achieve criticising his ex-manager now that he no longer at LFC?

The sequence of events tells us that: Initially, Diouf was pleading for GH to sign him, ok he did sign on at the expense of another proven striker (Anelka). But I'd like to say that Diouf had betrayed GH by not putting up service whole-heartedly. Now, he got the chic to criticise the manager who had bought his promises. :rolleyes: Is this a revenge on GH & LFC? Cry baby Diouf, he's a sore loser.

Now, when RB comes around, he pleaded to RB to give him a chance. No chance off course... so watch out El Rafa, don't be surprise to find yourself Diouf's next target of ranting!!

7. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not always the case. The notable example, of course, being the sh!tsheet in question.

Still, I'm not surprised Diouf gave a story like this to some paper. I'm just surprised he had the gall (or was ignorant enough) to give it to the s*n. I'm also not surprised that he thought there were divisions in the locker room, and I wouldn't be surprised if they revolved around people not liking him because of his unprofessional behavior.

8. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually, they found out on RAWK that the S*n stole it from the Mirror, or someother newspaper (typical S*n bullshit).I dont see what's wrong with the comments except for the cracks at Ged. But he is just saying what we've suspected all along isnt it? (i remember during champions world one of the new players stated he was shocked that the whole team didnt eat together, and the Rafa had to make them)
    i think alot of you are overreacting simply because you dont like Diouf (which is understandable)

9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I actually didn't mind diouf, I just never thought he lived up to his world cup billing.
    He wasn't fast in fact he was damn slow at times and he wasn't the goal scorer we thought he was supposed to be but he learnt to work hard at what he was good at. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough for liverpool.
    He's just a little angry right now.

10. ThunderZtorm

ThunderZtorm New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Denmark
    I never understood why he was signed in the first place, but then again, who did understand GH's signings of french-based players.. Cheyrou, Smicer, Traore, Diouf, Diao, Diarra, and the list goes on..

Those money would've been better spent on Alan Smith, Joe Cole or a similar british talent..

Nevermind that now though, we have a new manager and a promising team :)

11. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, didn't GH come out and say he considered Diouf his biggest mistake, or something to that effect? I might have a few words after that for GH, myself.