Diogo Jota: Produces more than Felix for Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by prodigal_mind, Oct 27, 2019.

1. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I mean like im happy the goal went in but i don't see what was so lovely (referring to the tweet itself). If diogo costa let that in I would be pissed.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So Jota with a goal vs Turkey and Assist to secure the qualification of the World Cup....and Felix? Opportunity for a break away and chooses to fall on the floor LMAO what a joke.

3. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    No he did not do much but what is an even bigger joke is that Felix comes in at the end of bother those games and plays 10 to 15 minutes and you want to compare his output to Jotta that plays most of the game . Really ? You have any idea how many chances Jotta has missed in all the games he has played ? And you talk about joke lol .

4. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    When felix plays as trash as Jota did at euro 2021, call me

Area 51 repped this.
  5. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    eurodad repped this.
  6. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #131 prodigal_mind, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    Deserves a lot of credit, scores a lot of goals. Just a bit worried his wc performances will be as bad as the euro ones

I still dont think him and Ronaldo cannot play together, especially against top teams. They are just too similar of players and i really cannot see us creating much chance wise. At this point of their careers I would rather start jota in the striker role and bench Ronaldo

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let's see he scored vs Germany and Felix... Lost the ball repeatedly when he came in vs belgium... Ya you don't want that call

SCP_16 repped this.
  8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In 10-15 minutes? He came in in the 71st and the game went to the 96...that's 25 minutes of nothing but falling to ground and being invisible. Jota misses some chances that are not high probability of scoring first of but at least he gets into those positions and actually converts. Felix had failed portugal every single time he's come on... But you want him to start? Lmao get those red goggles off

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Lol where did I say I wanted him to start lol . The player that I want to start is Leao . When it comes to our NT , I don’t care what league team a player was from . Rose goggles ? That’s bullshit and you know it. I , unlike some in this place , put our NT interests above all . Jotta went through a spell of something like 10 games with out a goal. Missing tap ins, taking chances away from Ronaldo etc . Give me a break . Now last couple of games he has played better , Good on him . Happy for him . How’s your goggles ?

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  10. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
  11. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    A tap in consolation goal in a match that was already over. Let me help you get those straws you are grasping for.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So you mean like what Felix does every time he scores, which is once every 15 games, am I right?

13. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    i dont know if its the fact felix played for benfica and you Portuguese football league watchers are just biased but whats clear is clear.... felix has 10x the talent, touch, vision and ability that jota has and its odd that you guys seem to be rooting against a guy that has potential to be kaka-esc... I'm a jota fan he has great goal scoring instincts and seems to be at the right place right time but jota is short number 9 where felix should be playing the 10.... and once ronaldo decides to leave or if we ever get a coach with the balls to faze him out jota will be his replacement

r.leao jota/ronaldo b.sliva

felix

r.sanches nuno/palinha

n.mendes dais pepe cancelo

this is the squad that can compete with anyone on the planet and should and would strike fear into any opposing team..... give felix the free roll and tell renato to be positive and aggressive offensively and we can legit beat any football team on the planet.

14. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Word is Darwin is going to Liverpool. Now that Darwin and Luis Diaz are there, jota career will be finished next season.

15. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well Mo has not signed a renewal on his contract, he has 1 year left and if not he gone. Mane blows hot and cold and Firmino is always injured and not the same player he was once so Jota will be there for the long run

16. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Jota assisted Naby Keita's goal to help Liverpool win 1-0 over Newcastle

Liverpool momentarily leap ahead of Man City in the table for top spot but the latter have a game in hand to play

17. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree with this. Diaz is so much better than him it’s not even close.

I don’t mind jota as a bench option for Portugal, but the fact he’s undisputed starter is kinda sad and proves that we are in fact overrated.

18. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This dude contributes absolute Fuk all if he isn’t having chances set on a platter for him

19. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fa cup winner nice one Jota

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So like Felix then.

21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jota has played his part this season league cup and FA cup in the bag, CL final still to play and still with an outside chance for the league contribution on all 4

22. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    His goals are tap ins mostly yea, but he contributes to the team in playmaking chances for other players.

Im a Leao fan now though amig

23. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It’s over for Jota. Darwin being bought for 80m, man will be permanently benched now

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another proclamation? really? so cutting your losses or quitting while you're behind doesn't enter that delusional mind?

25. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He’s already a benchwarmer. Got benched by diaz in just a month :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

champions league final and this loser was benched for it. Clearly klopp doesn’t view him as anything special considering he just had to break the bank to bring Darwin in